TOMATO DOSA - NO FERMENTATION / INSTANT DOSA
I know preparing healthy , filling and a different variety breakfast each day is a daunting task . So today i have ,one more breakfast option for you all ... and this time its Dosa. These dosas are a nice variation to the regular dosas. I have already posted quite a few variety in dosas like cabbage dosa,ridge gourd dosa,neer dosa,cucumber dosa etc and today its Tomato Dosa. If you are bored of eating same old dosa ..you must try this as they are not only easy to make but a real treat to your taste buds.They are tangy,spicy n yummy...a keeper recipe for sure...
Unlike the typical dosa, tomato dosa doesn't need any fermentation . Just soak the rice for few hours and blend well with few spices. That's it our batter for dosa is ready.The tomato dosas have got a gorgeous color along with amazing flavors .They actually don't need any side dish too. Another best thing about these dosas are when carried in lunchbox ,they stay soft even when cold.Now off to the recipe :
- Wash and soak rice for 3-4 hours.
- Cut tomato to big chunks.Grind tomato,red chilli ,jeera ,hing and salt along with rice .
- Grind them to a nice smooth batter. Take the ground batter to a vessel.
- Add chopped coriander leaves .Mix well .
- Add water generously such that the batter attains running consistency ( like milk ).
- Heat a tawa or nonstick pan. When the tawa is hot , rub it with a drop of oil using an onion piece.
- To the hot tawa pour a ladle full of tomato dosa batter in circular motion.Start pouring the batter from the outside rim of tawa to inwards center of tawa. As the batter is thin ,it will become lacy .( The method of pouring this dosa is similar to rava dosa) .Smear 1 tsp oil around the dosa.
- Lid the pan and cook it on a medium flame.Cook till bottom side starts to turn golden brown.Once it becomes crisp ,just fold and serve . No need to flip .
- Serve hot tomato dosa with coconut chutney / as such .
- If you want you can use rice flour instead of soaking rice n grinding it.
- If you want you can add a chunk of onion while grinding.
- Rubbing onion to the hot tawa imparts nice flavor to the dosa as well prevents dosa from sticking to the tawa. This tip holds good while making any dosa.
- If you want you can grind the dosa batter previous night and keep in fridge and use to make dosas next morning.
- If you are finding difficulty spreading dosa, make the batter little thick and spread like normal dosa. But they won't turn that crispy.
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!