VEG MANCHURIAN RECIPE / VEGETABLE MANCHURIAN GRAVY
I'm sure most of us love Indo Chineese... that too especially in this rainy gloomy weather. So for all those chinese food lovers, sharing today one of the most famous dish from the cuisine which i am sure needs no intro --- Yes that's " Veg Manchurian ". Making this restuarant style Vegetable Manchurian at home is so simple . Do try for yourself . Make it dry and serve as starter or make it saucy and serve as side dish with fried rice or relish as such . The choice is all yours.. whichever way i'm damn sure you are just gonna fall for it !!! It's spicy , hot , delicious .... in short just LIPSMACKING !!! Yumm.... Aah i'm now craving for it badly...
For The Vegetable Balls:
- Chop all the vegetables finely using a knife or food processor .i use food processor .
- In a mixing bowl add the chopped vegetables along with maida,cornflour,soya sauce,pepper powder and salt.
- Mix well. Water left from veggies is enough to form balls.Incase u r not able to make balls , sprinkle few drops of water to the mix and make small round balls.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai.
- When oil is hot ,Deep fry the balls on medium flame till they are golden brown and crisp.Take them out from frying pan and remove excess oil.
- Repeat the process with the remaining balls .Our veg balls are ready .Time to make manchurian sauce.
to make veg balls :
to make manchurian sauce :
- Whisk cornflour in 1/4-1/2 cup of water till it dissolves and no lumps are formed.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok. When the oil is piping hot, throw in garlic, green chilli and onion. Saute for 2 -3 mins till lightly brown.The flame should be high in this process .
- Simmer the flame. Add all the sauces 1 by 1. Add salt ,red chilli powder and cornflour water mixture. Mix well.If you feel, you can add few more tbsps of water.Cook for 2-3 minutes,let it boil so that sauce consistency is obtained.Manchurian sauce is ready.The sauce should not be too thin or thick. ( IF YOU WANT TO MAKE DRY VERSION , REFER NOTE 1 )
- Once it thickens , add spring onions and fried manchurian balls .Cook for 2mins for the balls to absorb sauce well .
- Serve hot Veg Manchurian as a starter or as side dish with fried rice / rice .Want a bite ??
- If you want dry veg manchurian , then reduce the cornflour quantity . Add just a tsp of cornflour .Dissolve in few tsp of water .Don't add extra water .
- To cut oil , u can shllow fry veggie balls in appe pan with few drops of oil .
- If the water quantity in the mixed veggies is more , sprinkle little cornflour / rice lour. It will absorb extra water.
- Fry the veg balls only in low medium heat , if they are fried on high heat, then the outside will be cooked and the inside will be not cooked giving a uncooked taste.
Thanks for reading the post....please drop your valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!