ALOO BHUJIA SEV RECIPE | HOW TO DO HALDIRAM’s STYLE ALOO BHUJIA | ALOO BHUJIA RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PICS | ALOO SEV RECIPE
Today I present you, my all-time favourite crunchy and super addictive ” Aloo Bhujia Sev / Aloo Sev“. Making this Haldiram style Aloo bhujia at home is very easy.
Aloo bhujia sev is basically a deep-fried savory snack made from besan, boiled mashed potato and few spices. It’s easy to make them in bulk quantity for festivals like Diwali , Holi etc and very apt to munch them as a tea time snack with friends and family. Enjoy it as such or make it more yummilicious by adding chopped onion , dash of chilli powder with a squeeze of lime . Trust me …. you will not realise how & when that bowl of bhujia got emptied .Yes …it’s that addictive 🙂 I had been waiting to share this recipe since long.. for some reason this had to sit in the draft till today.
There are many ways you can make aloo bhujia .. though the basic recipe is same ..final taste varies based on the flavouring ingredient used. The end result is no doubt chatpata , extremely delicious crunchy Aloo bujia Sev .. Do try and enjoy …
ALOO BHUJIA SEV RECIPE / ALOO SEV RECIPE / ALOO BHUJIA RECIPE
- 1 cup besan gram flour
- 2 medium size potato boiled & grated
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Raw Mango Powder / Aamchoor powder-
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Haldi
- 1 tsp Chaat masala plus for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Hot oil plus for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Transfer besan to a mixing bowl .
- Boil, peel and mash or grate potato. Make sure there are no big chunks . Add it to mixing bowl.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, aamchoor , hing and chat masala
- Mix and combine everything nicely without adding water. They would resemble like bread crumb initially .
- Add 1 tbsp hot oil and a pinch of soda. Mix .
- Add water little by little and knead to make a soft dough. Make sure not to add excess water. Else it will drink more oil. Cover and keep the dough for 5-10 mins.
- Grease chakli maker and mixture mould with little oil. You can use either small hole mould or medium-sized ones I would prefer a small hole mould to get thin sev like Haldiram's. Thin sev is more tasty actually.
- Divide the dough into parts, shape as cylindrical log and fill one inside chakli mould. Cover the lid.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai .
- When oil is hot enough, press the aloo bhujia sev directly into oil. Press sev making circular movements. Don't over crowd. Keep the flame on medium.
- Flip the aloo bhujia and fry till they are turn golden brown and crispy from both sides.When it's crisp and golden brown, remove from oil on a kitchen tissue.
- When it;s still hot ... Sprinkle little chat masala on top and mix well. This way, masala will sit on bhujia.
- Store Aloo Bhujia in an airtight container and enjoy with a hot cup of chai.
- As a variation .. you can flavor this bhujia with puree made of green chilli + coriander + pudina . But the color doesn't come good if using fresh ones.. so it's better to use dried herb.
- Check the oil readiness by dropping a small ball of dough into the oil. It has to come up immediately. this shows that oil has attained the right temperature and is ready.
- While making Sev, the flame should be medium,once they float to to top,medium low flame and fry till they become crisp.The secret of getting crunchy Sev lies here.
- If Aloo Bhujia sev is drinking lot of oil means