ALOO MATAR RECIPE | ALOO MATAR RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | HOW TO DO ALOO MATAR | ALOO MUTTER RECIPE | HOW TO DO ALOO MATAR
Today I have for you all a classic dish from North India, one of the most loved & famous curry “Aloo Matar ”. This aloo mutter is a simple Punjabi style potato and fresh peas curry which tastes absolutely finger-licking when paired with Roti / Naan/jeera rice etc. Making this Aloo Matar is very easy even for a beginner. Do try this easy home style Aloo Matar curry and enjoy !!
Aloo Matar is frequently made in Indian households in winters as that’s when fresh peas are available. But one can make it and enjoy in any season using frozen peas. Made with minimal ingredients using a pressure cooker, it’s not just super easy and quick but delicious too. It’s vegan, gluten-free and kids friendly. Aloo Matar is basically cooked in onion tomato masala and basic spices powders easily available in all kitchens. Do try … i am sure you will enjoy !!!
You can check few more North Indian Curry s like
Peas Curry etc
ALOO MATAR RECIPE / ALOO MUTTER RECIPE / HOW TO DO ALOO MATAR
- 3-4 medium size Potatoes peeled,diced
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh / frozen peas
- 2 medium size onion finely chopped
- 2-3 medium size Tomatoes finely chopped / pureed
- 2 no Green Chillies slit
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / jeera seeds
- 1 no Bay leaf / Tej patta
- 1/2-1 tsp Red chilli powder based on your spice level
- 1/2 tsp Haldi turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Coriander/ Dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori methi
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure pan /cooker. Splutter jeera and bay leaf.
- Lower the heat. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder into the oil. This helps in giving nice and rich colour to the gravy.But make sure oil is not very hot ... else chilli powder will burn.
- Add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and slit green chilli . saute till onion is golden brown .
- Once Onion is aromatic and golden brown in colour, add peeled and diced potatoes into the pan. Saute 2-3 mins. Frying potatoes enhances taste.
- Add tomato puree salt. Saute till raw smell goes and oil separates.
- Add fresh/frozen peas, water as required , dhania powder, kasoori methi .Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once pressure releases, open the cooker, taste test and check the consistency. if you want, can smash just few potato cubes to thicken the gravy a bit.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves,garam masala powder and bring to boil once. Switch off.
- Enjoy Aloo Matar sabzi hot with poori , chapathi , naan, roti , jeera rice etc