ALOO TIKKI CHAAT RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | HOW TO DO STREET STYLE ALOO TIKKI CHAAT
Aloo Tikki Chaat is a delicious mouth watering Indian Street food , where crispy aloo tikki topped with some choley ( chickpea curry ) , curd, chutney, and spices. This dish is one of my favorite right from childhood. It’s tangy , it’s spicy , it’s crunchy .. absolutely bursting with flavors.
Components of Aloo Chaat
Now, this chaat has several components to it. Here you go ….
Aloo Tikki : of course the main ingredient and star of today’s dish is Aloo Tikki . It’s crispy , tempting and super easy to make at home . f you have boiled potatoes in hand , making this snack hardly takes 15-20 mins.
Chole / Chana Masala : aka the chickpea curry ! You can make this in advance and refrigerate. Heat nicely , before using .I will share this recipe in my next post.
Yogurt / Curd: thick creamy curd is an essential ingredients here. It helps in reducing the spiciness of the choley and balances the chaat perfectly .
Chutneys: of course no chaat is complete without mint chutney & sweet chutney. Use them liberally as per your preferance.
Garnishes: Top the Aloo chaat with finely chopped onions, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, and coriander leaves. Also, sprinkle some fine sev, makes chaat crunchy.
This Aloo Tikki chaat is best served immediately. Once you have layered everything together, serve & enjoy
Few points to note while making Aloo Tikki Chaat :
- It’s better to make aloo tikki fresh and use for chaat . However , you can also make them ahead and just reheat them for 1-2 mins , before proceeding for making chaat . This makes Aloo Tikki crispy again.
- Cold Aloo tikki will turn soft and wont taste that good in chaat .
- Make sure the yogurt is fresh and not sour. Whisk the yogurt properly until it is smooth in texture and then use it in the chaat.
- If you want to make vegan , skip yoghurt .
- To make it colorful , can add few pomogrante seeds
Let’s now see Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe :
Crush one Aloo Tikki on a serving plate. If you want , you can crush even two per plate.
Top with ½ cup hot chole.
Top with chilled yoghurt , mint chutney and sweet chutney. Sprinkle little cumin powder & chaat masala . Ganish with some finely chopped onion , coriander leaves & sev .
Enjoy Aloo Tikki Chaat immediately .
Bursting with flavors .. super tempting , Aloo tikki Chaat !!
Aloo Tikki Chaat
- 4 Aloo Tikki
- 2 cups Channa Masala / Chole
- 1 cup Curd
- 1/4 cup Green Chutney / Mint Chutney , as required as per your preference
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chutney , as required as per your preference
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 big Onion , Finely Chopped
- few sprigs Coriander leaves, Finely Chopped
- Fine Sev, as required
- To make Aloo Tikki Chaat , first keep your Aloo Tikki ready . Shallow fry or pan fry them crisp
- Crush an Aloo tikki in a serving plate .
- Top it with hot chole . Top it with some chilled whisked yoghurt .
- Drizzle mint chutney ( green chutney ) & sweet chutney as required .
- Sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala & jeera Powder .
- Garnish liberally finley chopped onion and sev. Lastly garnish with some chopped Coriander leaves.
- Enjoy Aloo tikki chaat immediately.