Today i have for you all ” Beans Paruppu Usili Recipe ” … an authentic South Indian dish ,which is very healthy and proteinaceous too . I made this dish from the very handy TTK prestige multi kadai . People who are regular at my blog might be remembering that TTK Prestige has collaborated with me to try out some of their unique products and create some easy user friendly recipes using it . So today i am happy to introduce you all to ” TTK Prestige Multi Kadai ” – a new innovative product from TTK Prestige . Lets see today how to make Beans Paruppu Usili recipe using Multi Kadai .
About TTK Prestige :
I am sure TTK Prestige requires no introduction from me as it has been over the years the household brand name in India and pioneer in the kitchen appliance and utilities. Prestige offers to the consumers the largest range of pressure cookers, cookware, kitchen appliances like gas stoves, mixer grinders, food processors, rice cookers, barbecues, electric irons, etc.
About TTK Prestige Multi Kadai :
Prestige has recently introduced Hard Anodized Multi Kadai that comes with essential accessories. We can use this multi-purpose Kadai, not only to deep fry, saute, roast and prepare curries but also to steam fluffy idlis, dhoklas, idiyappam and patrons in it.The Hard Anodized surface can withstand high-temperature cooking without food burning or sticking to the surface. It has a non-toxic cooking surface and a non-staining surface, making it easy to clean and maintain.It is very durable with its Hard Anodized body, giving a great cooking experience with its uniform heating efficiency.
If you ask me some highlight features of the product, here they are:
- Multi Purpose : We can use this multi-purpose Kadai, not only to deep fry, saute, roast and prepare curries like Dum aloo but also to steam fluffy idlis, dhoklas, idiyappam and patrons in it .It comes with 2 Idli plates, 1 Dhokla plate, and 1 Patra Plate.
- High quality Hard anodized body : The Hard Anodized surface can withstand high-temperature cooking without food burning or sticking to the surface giving uniform heating efficiency. It has a non-toxic cooking surface and a non-staining surface, making it easy to clean ,maintain and very durable .One can use any metal spoon ,
- Induction and gas compatible : The multi kadai is both induction and gas compatible .
- Great Design : The round bottom of the multi purpose kadai makes it ideal for deep frying .It has comfortable perma-cool handles for safe handling. It has an elegant glass lid to perfectly seat on the kadhai to trap moisture and enable efficient cooking and steaming.
Seeing the advantages, you may now ask me… are there no flipsides to this wonder cookware. To be honest i really didn’t find any !!
There are two different size options available, the smaller 220 mm Multi Kadai is priced at 2100/- while the larger one is sold at 2850 /- .Both the sizes has a warranty of 2 years .One get some discount if buying from TTK site .
Having tried this cookware, I would definitely recommend it to all especially those who love clean minimal kitchenware. With a 2 year waranty and almost zero maintenance .. a must have gadget for the Indian kitchen .
Now lets see .. how i did Beans paruppu usili using this gadget .Paruppu usili is known as Matvadi palya in Karnataka . is basically a dry stir fry made from soaked lentils with choice of veggies in it. It is common in Brahmin’s home . Do try .. it tastes yumm….
BEANS PARUPPU USLI RECIPE USING TTK PRESTIGE MULTI KADAI
- 2 cups French beans, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Chana Dal Bengal Gram
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- a small piece Ginger
- 4-8 Green Chilli, based on your spice level
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad Dal black gram
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal Bengal Gram
- 1-2 Red Chilli, broken to pieces
- few Curry Leaves
- a pinch or 2 Hing /Asafetida
- 1/4 tsp Haldi turmeric
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- Wash and soak chanadal for 2-3 hours.Once dal is soaked well, discard extra water.
- Meanwhile wash beans and chop finely.
- Coarse grind chana dal along with coconut,ginger and green chilli to a coarse paste. Do not add any water.
- Transfer the coarse paste to a wide container.
- To the coarse bengal gram paste , add chopped beans and salt .Mix well.Fill the mixture into the greased multi kadai idli moulds .
- Add some water into the prestige multi kadai and boil .Prepare it as steamer. Once water starts boiling place the idli container having beans dal mixture inside the kadai and steam cook for about 12- 15 mins. Switch off. Allow it to cool .
- Once cooled , crumble the steamed idlis . Time to temper and saute the beans paruppu usili .
- In the multi kadai take oil. Add mustard seeds,urad dal n chana dal.One they splutter add haldi,hing ,curry leaves and broken red chilli pieces. saute for a min.
- Next add crumbled beans chana dal mix. Mix well. Keep the flame on sim and stir in between for 3-4 mins . Turn off the flame .
- Serve hot Beans paruppu usili with steaming rice and rasam / curry of your choice .
- Make sure to grind dal coarsely, if it becomes a paste then you will not get the perfect texture.So drain water completely.
- If you want you can make it with tuvar dal or a combination of tuvar n chana dal.
- Instead of beans you can also use chopped cluster beans or methi leaves.
- Traditionally no onions are used while making this. But if you want while tempering you can add chopped onions.
- Instead of green chilli you can use red chillies or combination of both .