Beetroot Halwa Recipe | Beetroot Halwa Recipe with step by step photos | How to do Beetroot Halwa | Beetroot Pudding Recipe
Today I have for you all a wonderful, colourful and delicious dessert — ” Beetroot Halwa / Beetroot Pudding “. With the goodness of beetroot, milk and assorted nuts, this halwa is something that everyone would love. Plus .. it’s very easy to make.
Isn’t that pink colour so tempting ?? Drooling ?? May be that’s the reason my kids are such a big fan of this veggie. Make anything from beetroots .. I know they will empty it off. And I am happy that with it “n” number of health benefits that beetroot carries, is going in.
Method of making beetroot halwa is same as carrot halwa. These classic halwa’s are something we have been eating since childhood …yet they remain our favourite. We used to make beetroot halwa and gajar halwa on most festive occasions. It’s quiet easy to make. The only tedious n boring job in making carrot/ beetroot halwa is grating. But thank God !! Now we have food processor to our rescue which makes the job so easy peesy. The best part of this halwa is that it doesn’t require much sugar as beetroots are already sweet..
Few simple points to note while this Beetroot Halwa are as follows :
- After cooling, the halwa will thicken a bit. So off it when it’s little gooey. Don’t make the end result too dry else halwa will become hard.
- Addition of khova/khoya is optional. That will give a nice rich texture and taste to the halwa
- If using thick full fat milk /condensed milk , better omit khoya .
- Some beetroots will be too sweet . So add sugar little in the beginning.
- I like to add a pinch of citric acid crystals to it. That gives a slight tanginess which I like. It’s your wish to add.
Do try out i’m sure you’ll love it ..