Bhindi Masala Recipe with step by tep photos | How to do Punjabi style Bhindi Masala | Restaurant style Bhindi Masala
Today i have for you all “Bhindi Masala ” a popular North Indian dish made with okra, onion, tomatoes & spices! One can enjoy with roti /naan/jeera rice etc . Okra is one of those vegetables that you either love or hate. Thankfully in my home we all love this veggie. So any dish made out of okra gets vanished in no time. I find it surprising when i meet someone who says they hate okra. I have shared many side dish recipes from bhindi as of now like bhindi kadhi, bhindi besanwali , Bharwan bhindi, bhindi do pyaza, bendekayi gojju and today it’s time for Bhindi masala. Easy to make and tasty to taste .. this bhindi masala recipe is no doubt a keeper.
BHINDI MASALA RECIPE / PUNJABI BHINDI MASALA
- 1/2 kg bhindi / ladys finger tender
- 1 big onion
- 2 medium size tomato
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste `
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Haldi turmeric
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder
- 1 tsp Dhania powder / Coriander powder
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori methi
- 1/2 tsp Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- few sprigs Coriander leaves
- Wash, pat dry Bhindi. Cut into thin slices as shown in the pic.
- Fry in 2-3 tsp oil till sliminess goes and you can find few brown spots on bhindi. This may take 7-8 mins.
- When it's done .. keep aside.
- To make bhindi masala. First, prepare the tempering. Splutter jeera.
- Add chopped Onion, Ginger Garlic paste and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped Tomatoes, salt and saute till mushy.
- Add haldi, red chilli powder, jeera powder and dhania powder. Saute 1 min.
- Take the pan off the heat. Add 1/4 curd and mix. Always remember to add curd only after taking the pan off from the flame .. else chances of curd curdling are more. Mix well and keep the pan back to flame. Stir .. till oil begins to separate.
- Later, add garam masala, kasoori methi, salt, little sugar and aamchoor . Saute for a min.
- Add 1/2 - 1 cup water .. based on your preference. Mix and bring to boil.
- You can add some more water also to make little gravy type or keep as such.
- Add roasted bhindi. Mix well and simmer for 4-5 mins. If you are feeling it's too dry, you can add little more water. Basically, it will be semi-solid or gravy type.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves and switch off.
- Enjoy Bhindi Masala with Roti / Naan / Jeera rice etc .