Today i have for you all one super quick super delicious and super easy snack ….that’s ” Bread Pizza ” . Topped with your favorite toppings , sauces , seasoning and yes lots of cheese .. not just kids but anybody would love these bread pizza .
We can call bread pizza as an instant quick form of regular traditional pizza / one can even call it as an open sandwich . My kids love having it in their breakfast / lunch box / as snacks … infact they like to make their own bread pizza too . The toppings of bread pizza can vary based on your choice / availability . Which ever topping you pick .. no doubt bread pizza is one of the easiest , quick fix yummilicious indulgence !!
The weather in Bangalore is so gloomy and rainy right now that i felt like ordering pizza for lunch . But later dropped it made these bread pizza .. haha .. a great alternate when one craves for pizza .
Bread Pizza can be made on a tawa ( stove top) / in an oven . Slices of bread are topped with pizza sauce, fresh veggies and grated cheese and later cooked on a tawa / oven till the base is crisp and the cheese melts .
This dish actually has no fixed quantity for ingredients . One can add as per their taste . ie if you like more veggies add as many as you want and as many different types you have , if you like just cheese you can do that way also with loads of cheese topped bread . If you have pizza sauce use it for best taste .. else we can manage with tomato ketchup mixed with little italian seasoning / oregano powder .
So are you ready to see how to make easy veg bread pizza.. here you go ….
Few points to note while making Bread Pizza :
- I prefer toasting the bread sllices a bit before applying pizza sauce . These gives a nice crispy texture on the both sides of the bread slice .
- As i said earlier .. topping choice is endless . Onion , tomato , capsicum , corn , paneer , pineapple , jalapeno , olives etc . You can use anything based on hwat you like . If you want you can make it plain with just pizza sauce and lots of cheese . Kind of margarita pizza
- I normally use mozarella cheese / pizza cheese . If you don’t have that you can use cheddar cheese / any cheese .
BREAD PIZZA RECIPE / EASY BREAD PIZZA RECIPE - TAWA AND OVEN METHOD !!
- 4 Slices bread slices, White or brown
- 2 -3 tbsp Pizza Sauce or tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup Chopped veggies, onion , tomato , capsicum , olive, corn etc
- grated cheese
- oregano flakes
- Chilli Flakes
- a pich of Salt
- Butter / Olive oil / Any oil, as required
- Chop the veggies into small pieces and keep ready .
- Take bread slice and spread little butter .
- Toast a bit butter side on a pan . This step is optional .
- Spread pizza sauce / Tomato sauce / both mixed over partially toasted bread slice .
- Top with chopped veggies like onions, capsicum, tomatoes ,corn , olives , jalapenos etc . You can add all or which ever you want / have .
- Top with generous amount of grated cheese.Sprinkle oregano and chili flakes . The quantity of cheese depends on your choice
- If doing on stove top .. Transfer the bread slices to a hot tawa ,drizzle olive oil / butter / any oil , keep the flame on sim and cover with a lid . Cook till the bread slices are crisp and cheese has melted nicely .
- Alternative , if you are using an oven , preheat the oven at 200 deg C for 10 minutes . Later place the bread slices on the baking tray and bake it at 200 C for 5-8 mins or until the cheese melts. You can use toast / bake mode
- Hot bread pizza is ready to serve . Sprinkle some oregano and chilli flakes and enjoy hot !!