Capsicum Fry Recipe | Capsicum Dry Curry Recipe | Capsicum Dry subzi | Capsicum Peanut Masala Recipe | How to do Capsicum Peanut subzi
Capsicum Peanut Masala is an easy, simple and lip smacking stir-fry or dry sabzi made using Capsicum, peanut and few spices.Tastes great when paired with roti, phulka or hot steamed rice.
Made with just the basic pantry ingredients, this capsicum peanut masala is super easy to make and hardly takes 15-20 mins. One can carry it for a lunchbox or make it for a quick weekday meal.
This capsicum fry gets a unique and tempting taste from the roasted peanuts and the spices used. Love the nutty flavor, peanut adds to this simple capsicum fry.
Few points to note while making Capsicum Fry Recipe :
- I enjoy capsicum mostly when little crunchy and crispy. So, I roast them just for 3-4 mins. However, if you like more cooked capsicum you can make it. The choice is yours.
- You can either deskin’ peanuts or use them as such after roasting.
- Tamarind gives a nice tanginess to the curry. You can replace it with dry mango powder( amchur), lemon, or tomatoes.
- You can adjust the spices as per your taste. But it tastes best when made a little spicy.
- Adding coconut is optional.
- If you like it garlicky, along with roasted peanut, you can add few garlic and powder them.
Capsicum Fry Recipe / Capsicum Peanut Masala
- 3-4 big Capsicum
- 1/4 cup Peanut / groundnut
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- a big pinch Hing / Asafoetida
- few Curry Leaves
- 3-4 nos Green Chilli, Finely chopped
- 1 big Onion, Sliced
- tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Haldi / turmeric
- Chilli powder / Sambar powder
- amla size Tamarind
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Grated Coconut, Optional
- Wash,deseed and chop around 3-4 big capsicum.
- Soak tamarind in water.
- Roast peanuts till they are crisp and splutter. Let them cool well and later powder.Deskinning is not necessary. If you want can do it.Don't do a paste, coarse is enough.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard, jeera and urad dal. Let them splutter.
- Later add, hing, curry leaves and green chilli.
- Add a big sliced Onion, tsp ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell goes and onion turns translucent.
- Later add capsicum and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add haldi,salt ,chilli powder / sambar powder and little tamarind water.
- Combine everything. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.Cooking time depends on how you want your capsicum to be. We like it a little crunchy, hence cook only for 3-4 mins.
- Lastly add crushed peanuts and little grated coconut ( optional ). Combine everything
- Saute for 2-3 mins. And it's done.
- Enjoy Capsicum Peanut Masala with Phulka,Chapati, Dal Rice etc.