Carrot Burfi Recipe with step by step photos | How to do Carrot Burfi | Easy Carrot Coconut Burfi | How to do Carrot Coconut Burfi | Gajar ki Barfi
Carrot Coconut Burfi is an easy Indian sweet made with grated Carrot , Coconut and Sugar. Made with just few handy ingredients , under 30 minutes … this sweet tastes so amazing !!
Check out the video here :
About Carrot Coconut Burfi Recipe :
Carrot Coconut burfi (Carrot-flavored Coconut Indian fudge) is a nice twist to our traditional Coconut burfi and Carrot Halwa. I am sure we all have grown up eating coconut burfi and could be a favorite to many of us. Addition of some fresh juicy Carrot to it not only gives nice twist to the burfi but also makes it more tasty.
This burfi is easy to make, addictive, and perfect for festivals, weddings, and special occasions.
Carrot burfi is prepared with a combination of Grated Carrot, Fresh Grated Coconut , Sugar , ghee and cardamom powder. Just throw everything inside the pan and keep stirring until you get the perfect consistency . That’s the only tricky part of this recipe- “the right consistency”. If you undercook the dough, the burfis won’t set and if you overcook it gets harder and chewy .
This Carrot Coconut Burfi is,
- Easy to make
- A colorful twist to traditional burfi
- Prepared with minimal ingredients
Ingredients for Burfi :
This recipe uses only 5 basic ingredients.
- Coconut : Use fresh Coconut . While grating use white part of the coconut only .
- Carrot : You can use either the regular orange carrot or Delhi Carrot .
- Sugar : It’s better to use Sugar for this Burfi . Using Jaggery will alter the taste . Quantity of Sugar you can alter based on your preference.
- Ghee – Indian sweets taste the best with the addition of ghee.
- Elaichi / Cardamom – to add fresh flavour and aroma to the filling.
Things to note While making Carrot Coconut Burfi :
My Burfi Didn’t set ?
This means the burfi mixture is under cooked.
Put it back on heat , cook on low heat for few more minutes and then set . Stir the mixture for few more minutes till the halwa mixture becomes a single mass , ghee oozes and it leaves the pans . Go ahead and cook until the mixture gets slightly thick and ghee oozes out.
My burfi became very hard , crumbly while making pieces , why?
You probably over-cooked the mixture by few minutes .
How long does the burfi stay good ?
Burfi stays good outside for 2 weeks. After that you can refrigerate and use for few more days.
Can i use desiccated coconut instead of Fresh one ?
Yes , you can use . But for this burfi , fresh ones taste best .
Can i skip Carrot ?
Instead of carrot , you can use grated beetroot . Tastes equally good .
Carrot Coconut Burfi step by step photos
- Grate carrot and coconut . Grease a tray with Ghee and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat ghee. Once ghee is hot , add grated coconut .
- Add grated carrots and saute for 3-4 mins til raw smell goes.
- Once carrot is cooked and there is slight Add sugar . Combine all.
- After 2-3 mins , you will observe that sugar starts to melt . Continue to saute in medium flame.
- You will observe that , Sugar will start melting and the mixture will start becoming little watery . Continue to stir in between on medium flame .
- Mixture starts bubbling n starts to thicken.Add cardamom powder and mix.
- After sometime, the mixture becomes a mass, starts leaving the pan and would have become frothy. Ghee starts leaving from the sides .
- Switch off the flame and transfer the halwa quickly to a greased plate. Spread evenly using a spatula and level it .
- Lastly garnish with nuts if required . Keep aside the burfi for some time , let it set . When little warm cut the burfi into pieces.
- Enjoy Carrot coconut burfi !!
- Store them in an air tight container . Stays good easily for 2 weeks .
Carrot Coconut Burfi
- 1 Cup Fresh Coconut , grated
- 1 Cup Carrot , grated
- 1.5 Cup Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder / Elaichi Powder
- Nuts as required , for garnish
- In a pan heat ghee. Add grated carrots and coconut. Saute 3-4 mins til raw smell goes.
- Add sugar combine all.
- Sugar starts to melt . Continue to saute in medium flame.
- Mixture starts bubbling n starts to thicken.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- After sometime, the mixture becomes a mass, starts leaving the pan and frothy.
- Transfer quickly to a greased plate.Garnish with nuts .
- When little warm cut into pieces.
- Enjoy Carrot coconut burfi !!