CARROT RAITA RECIPE | HOW TO DO CARROT RAITA | CARROT MOSARU GOJJU RECIPE | HOW TO DO GAJAR KA RAITA | CARROT RAITA RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS
Today I have for you all a healthy, refreshing, yummy and super quick accompaniment made from Carrot. That’s ” Carrot Raita / Carrot Mosaru Gojju “. Try this any day and you are going to like it, it’s very simple and hardly takes 10 minutes to make. When you hardly have any veggies or want to cook something in a jiffy, this Carrot raita is very handy. One can enjoy it with a bowl plain rice or roti as an accompaniment.
Usually, raitas are very simple to make but taste awesome. This Carrot raita too falls under that category. Just boil Carrot, mash them in curd along with some chilli and finally enhance the raita with a strong flavorful tempering. Addition of hing to the tempering is what makes this Carrot raita tastier. So never skip it.
few simple points to note while this Carrot raita is as follows :
- Cook Carrot such that they are soft and mushy.
- The curd should not be too sour or plain. We don’t want the raita to become too sour/ bland.
- If your curd is too thick .. add little water too. Since mashed Carrot already makes raita thick, adding little water towards the end helps to get the right consistency.
- Addition of coriander leaves is optional. If you want you can add finely chopped onion too.
So are you ready to make a note of Carrot raita .. here you go…
CARROT RAITA / CARROT MOSARU GOJJU / GAJAR KA RAITA
- 2-3 nos carrot
- 2-4 nos green chili, chopped ( depends on your preferred spice level )
- 1-1.5 cup Curd or yoghurt
- few sprig Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- a big pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- few Curry Leaves
- 1-2 nos Red Chilli /Sundried Curd Chilli
- Wash and cut the carrot into 2-3 pieces. Cook them in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles by adding sufficient water. Allow to cool.
- When cool to handle, peel the outer skin of carrot and mash them.
- Add curd, green chilli, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well. Taste test. If required add salt/chilli/curd based on your preference.
- Prepare tempering in a small Kadai. Splutter mustard seeds and urad dal in oil. Add in curd chilli, curry leaves and hing. Saute 1-2 mins, switch off. Pour the tempering onto carrot raita. Combine everything well.
- Carrot mosaru gojju is ready. Enjoy Carrot mosaru gojju / Carrot raita with hot steamed rice / chapathi. Tastes really delicious.