Today’s post is simple,easiest and one of the most super hit party starters.Its as simple as tossing together few ingredients and voila ! you are left with a lipsmacking “Corn Canapes / Corn Sev Canapes “. Pretty to look at ,easy to eat , yummy to taste… a perfect appetizer for any occasion.. it can’t get better than this…
Last year for my daughters birthday i had made corn canapes and by the end of the party not even a single piece was left for me to taste. Everyone loved it so much that next day many mummies called me to ask the recipe of it. It was such a big superhit ,the talk of the party !! I have been making various types of canapes . Over the time will share one by one. For today its canapes with corn chaat filling.. kids love it.. here we go…
- Ready made canapes, ( i have used DIP Brand canapes )
- sweet corn
- onion, ; finely chopped
- tomato, ; finely chopped
- carrot, ; finely chopped
- cucumber, ; finely chopped
- pineapple /apple/ Pomogranete, (optional) ; finely chopped
- Coriander leaf, ; finely chopped
- Oil to deep fry
For dressing :
- Jeera Powder,
- Chaat masala
- Sweet chutney
- Chopped chilli /pepper powder / red chilli powder
- Lemon juice
- Cook corn either in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 10 mins and if in cooker for 1-2 whistles.When the corn cob cools,slice the kernels using a knife.
- Meanwhile Deep fry canapes in oil for few seconds until they turn crisp,follow the instructions given at the back of the packet. Alternatively you can bake them too.Drain n store in air tight container.
Prepare the filling:
- For dressing : Take lemon juice,salt,red chilli powder,sweet chutney,jeera powder & chaat masala in a mixing bowl.Mix well.
- Add onion,cucumber,carrot,tomato,pomogranete and boiled corn to the mixing bowl having dressing. Toss gently to combine.Filling is ready.
Method to serve :
- Arrange the canapes in a plate.Fill the canapes with a spoon of corn filling.
- Top it with sev generously and garnish with coriander.Serve immediately.
- Enjoy the corn canapes ....
- I use DIP brand canapes. they are available easily in supermarkets like Nilgiris,Big bazar,MK Ahmad etc
- Deep fry the canapes as we do for papads. We can bake them too. But keep a close watch while baking.
- Prepare the filling just before serving. Else it will leave water.You can prepare dressing, keep veggies ready .Just before serving mix both .
- Fill the stuffing to canapes just before serving.Else canapes will become soggy.
- Instead of corn you can use moong filling / potato filling or any other filling of your choice.
- In case you don't get ready made canapes , you can use salt biscuit / roasted bread/ garlic bread etc as base.