Cornflakes Chaat Recipe | How to do cornflakes Chaat | Cornflakes bhel with step by step photos | Cornflakes Bhel Recipe
For all those Chaat lovers, calorie watchers here’s a guilt-free snack .. which one can enjoy without worrying much . This corn flakes chaat / Cornflakes Bhel is so delicious, healthy, colourful and so easy to make. One can enjoy it as a snack / lunch /dinner. Crispy, spicy, tangy, slightly sweetish, crunchy .. this tastes too good.
The best part about this Cornflakes Chaat is that there is no hard rule for the measurements in this recipe nor about the ingredients. I have mentioned the standard ingredients that usually goes into this dish. You can get creative and add few other things too that you like. For example – pineapple, raw mango, corn etc. Just add some sugar free no flavor plain Cornflakes , throw in some onion tomato etc and mix it with some green chutney sweet chutney , garnish ..voila .. your mouthwatering Cornflakes bhel is ready to enjoy !! Super easy, right? So are you ready to jot down ??
CORNFLAKES CHAAT RECIPE / CORNFLAKES BHEL
- 1 cup Cornflakes
- 1/4 cup Sev
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, chopped
- 1 no carrot, grated
- 3-4 tbsp cucumber, chopped
- 1 small potato, Diced small
- Lime Juice
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Green chtney
- 1/2 tsp Sweet chutney
- 1/2 tsp Jeera powder / cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl take chopped onion , chopped tomato , diced boiled potato , grated carrot and chopped cucumber . Can add other ingredients too like boiled peanut , corn , baby corn , pineapple , pomogranate , raw mango etc. I added whatever was handy .
- In goes green chutney , sweet chutney , jeera masala , chaat masala , red chilli powder & salt .
- Add chopped coriander leaves and lime . Mix everything well .
- Add handful of plain unflavored cornflakes and sev . Can add congress kadlekai ( spicy peanut ) , crushes papadi . nippattu etc . But i usually don't add any of these as i want to make as guiltfree as possible .
- Mix everything nicely .
- Enjoy cornflakes chaat or bhel immediately .
- Cornflakes chaat should be served as soon as its made to maintain cruchiness .
- As i said earlier you can add choice of veggies and adjust spice powders and chutneys as per your taste .
- i usually use local cornflakes to make chaat and chiwda. . as they are not sweet and flavored .Also they are light and thin and hence takes in flavor nicely .