Today i have for you all one easy Spinach Soup or Palak Soup . Since i have added some peas to it to get some creamy texture.. we can also call this soup Palak and peas soup or Spinach and peas soup . Its quick, easy ,rich and slurpyy….
In winter nothing but a bowl of hot soup can give you the needed comfort . Coming back to today’s dish – Palak Peas soup ; it is pretty easy and quick to make with just a few ingredients required. Adding fresh / frozen peas while making palak soup is purely optional . But i like to add as it gives nice volume and creaminess to the soup . However if you don’t have peas .. you can omit them and add some cornflour too . Choice is all yours. Spinach Green Peas Soup is so refreshing and full of flavor and makes a great party starter. This palak peas soup is something even a new bee to kitchen can’t go wrong.And the outcome is just delicious… Even the kids who don’t like spinach will like this soup .Do try for yourself..
Check Out the Video recipe here :
SPINACH PEAS SOUP / PALAK PEAS SOUP
- 2 cups Spinach /palak leaves
- 1 cup Fresh / Frozen green Peas
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 /4 inch Ginger, piece
- 2-3 flakes Garlic
- 1-2 nos Green Chilli
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 -1 tsp cornflour, ( optional)
- 1/2 -1 tsp Black Pepper powder, ( based on your taste )
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Butter / Olive oil / Any oil
- Rinse spinach well and roughly chop .
- In a pan , add butter. Once its hot , add roughly chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Sauté it for 2-3 minutes on medium to high flame.
- Then add green peas and chopped spinach .Saute for 1-2 mins .
- Add 1 cup water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is cooled, blend it in a mixer to a super smooth purée. If you want you can strain the puree or use as such . I usually blend it very smooth and omit straining part .
- Transfer the puree to the same pan , add some water and keep to boil on medium flame. Add milk and mix well .If you want to make it more thicker , you can dissolve about 1tsp cornflour in milk and then add .I usually don't add cornflour .
- Add salt and pepper powder .Mix .If required add some water to adjust the consistency .Allow to boil for 4-5 minutes .
- Garnish with cream and serve hot Spinach Peas soup with some croutons / garlic bread . Enjoy !!
- Addition of peas is purely optinal . If you dont want can skip .
- For roasting onion , instead of butter you can use olive oil / any oil .
- Adding cornflour is optional . Depending on your preferred thickness you can take a call.
- To make it vegan , you can skip milk and add broth / almond milk .
- Garnishing with cream you can skip .