Today’s post is actually a no recipe. It has been lying in my drafts for more than 7 months. This recipe is so simple that i was feeling so hesitant to post it. But then finally today i made up mind..few dishes if its your family favorite ought to showcase here .. I am sure you guys don’t mind me posting these kind of no recipe once in a while.Here i share the ever popular,all time favorite ” Cup Corn / Buttered Corn / Masala Corn “
In my home we all love corn in any version. With monsoon set in Bangalore this simple piping hot buttered corn tossed with few spices is an absolute treat.Its common to find these steamed corn stalls in malls,theatres,markets etc .The aroma of steamed corn is so tempting that you can always see people queued up near the corn seller . I often keep making it at home. Its one of those quick after school snack for my kids. The best part is you can do so many flavors out of those simple steamed corn.If you like Indian flavors just sprinkle little chat masala or sprinkle little oregano for an Italian flavour.If you like spicy then add chilli flakes or pepper powder or if you like simple corn just a dash of lime and salt too tastes yum…Whichever way i am sure everyone love it…Here goes my simple Cup Of Corn — with Indian flavors….
CUP CORN RECIPE
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala,
- little Pepper powder
- 1 - 2 tsp Lemon juice
- to taste Salt
- Cook corn either in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 10 mins and if in cooker for 1-2 whistles.
- When the corn cob cools,drain the excess water.Slice the kernels using a knife.
- Then in a mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed along with corn and mix well.Give a quick stir and serve immediately.
- Serve it hot / warm. You can even microwave it before serving.
- be creative ,mix and match spices and create your own flavor