Dal Bukhara Recipe | How to do Dal Bukhara Recipe | Restaurant style Dal Bukhara recipe with step by step photo | Black Urad dal
Today i have for you all a delicious, rich and very creamy Indian Dal .. Dal Bukhara . Dal Bukhara is quite similar to the Dal Makhani with a slight difference . In this , only black lentil ( urad dal with skin ) is used and no Rajma . Dal Bukhara recipe is very simple to make. Basically , a slow cooked black lentil simmered slowly in a onion tomato base till a velvety smooth texture is obtained . Dal Bukhara tastes amazing with Naan / Roti / Jeera Rice .
Apparently , this dal came into fame through Bukhara restaurant of ITC Maurya, Delhi. Traditionally its slow cooked overnight on Tandoor to get that unique creamy texture and flavor . However , at home we alter few things based on our convenience .. but there is no compromise in taste . Each spoon is just yumm .. and if you have leftover for next day .. it’s more merrier . Served with some ghee on the steamed rice or Jeera rice or with piping hot phulkas, Dal Bhukara makes that perfect meal you are craving for! Do try and enjoy …
DAL BUKHARA RECIPE / HOW TO DO RESTAURANT DAL BUKHARA RECIPE
- 1 cup Black Urad Dal, soaked overnight
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 big size Tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 nos Green Chillies
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- 1 no Bay leaf / Tej patta
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds /Jeera
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi /dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin /Jeera powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 3-4 tbsp Fresh cream
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Black urad dal in water over-nite. Then pressure cook the dal with 4-5 cup until soft for about 8-10 whistles. When the pressure releases , mash the dal and keep aside .
- Heat butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Splutter cumin and bay leaf. Add onions, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute till light brown.
- Add finely chopped tomato / tomato puree and salt. Saute till tomatoes are mushy and changes color . After 3 to 5 minutes, add all the spice powder including Kasuri methi, red chilli powder, chaat masala, cumin powder, turmeric powder and saute for two minutes.
- Later, add in the cooked dal , required amount of water and salt . Mix everything well . Now, reduce the flame to minimum. Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 30 -45 min minimum . . Keep stirring in between to avoid dal stick to the bottom.
- Finally, add garam masala powder ,cream and coriander leaves . Cook for 2 to 3 minutes . You will see that the dal has become very creamy now .
- Enjoy hot Dal Bukhara along Phulka or rice or jeera rice .