Dal Palak recipe with step by step photos| How to make Spinach Dal |
Today i have for you all simple, healthy and very nutritious ” Dal Palak recipe/ Spinach dal recipe ” . Made with fresh palak leaves/spinach leaves .. This dish is very healthy and easy to make. As we all know Palak leaves are very healthy as they are rich in iron and calcium and lentils are full of protein… this Dal is one power-packed dish. There are various ways one make spinach dal .. this is one simple version. Enjoy this simple home cooked food, with some steaming hot rice, little ghee and some papad … a comforting meal is ready !!
Few things to note while making Dal Palak Recipe :
- One can use either Tuvar Dal or Moong Dal.
- We can make Spinach dal without adding onion garlic too.
- Along with spinach, one can add other types of green too.
- Palak gets cooked very quickly so i don’t pressure cook it .
DAL PALAK RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE PALAK DAL | SPINACH DAL RECIPE
- 2 Cup Spinach /palak leaves
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal / split green gram
- 1 medium size onion, Chopped
- 2-3 nos Green Chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Haldi/ turmeric
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee / Oil / Ghee + Oil mix
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing /Asafoetida
- 1 no Red Chilli, Broken
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- few Coriander leaves, chopped
- Clean, wash and finely chop palak leaves.
- Wash and pressure cook Moong dal for 3-4 whistles along with haldi and adequate water. Mash nicely and keep aside.
- In a pan / kadai .. add ghee / oil / ghee + oil mix. Splutter mustard. Later add chopped onion, ginger garlic and green chilli. Saute till onion is translucent.
- Add chopped palak to the kadai .
- Add salt and 1/2 tsp of sugar and saute 2-3 mins . Adding little sugar helps in retaining color .
- Add cooked mashed dal to the sauteed palak leaves. Add 1-2 cups of water . Mix. Cover and cook so that palak gets cooked and dal gets blended with palak .
- Lastly, add lemon juice to cooked dal. Switch off.
- Heat ghee in a small pan. When the ghee is hot, splutter jeera . Later add hing and broken dry red chilies. Lastly add red chilli powder. Switch off and immediately pour the ghee tadka over the cooked dal. Garnish with coriander leaves . Tasty creamy Dal Palak is ready .
- Enjoy this simple Dal Palak with some hot rice, little ghee and some papad … a comforting meal is ready !!