Today i have for you all a healthy,sugar free, guilt free sweet that’s an absolutely beginners delight. I’m sure most of us have seen this in almost all sweet shops by different names like ” Dates Nuts Roll / Dates Burfi /Khajur Roll / Khajur Katri / Khajur Pak ” . Trust me when i say ,making Dates roll at home is super easy, hardly takes any time and taste wise… be prepared to get loads of praises.This looks as good as store bought sweets. Have a look..
Dates are naturally sweet and full of nutrition. Addition of nuts and poppy seeds makes it more nutritious. Since no sugar is added while making it, people who are diabetic can satisfy their sweet craving with it. Those on diet can also munch them without any worries as very little ghee goes into its making. Celebrate this Diwali a healthier way !!!
DATES ROLL RECIPE
- 200 gms Seedless Dates / Khajoor
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/4 cup Almonds badam
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds / khus khus
- 1 tbsp Condensed Milk, ( optional )
- 1 tbsp Ghee, (clarified butter)
- Dry roast poppy seeds in medium flame till they are aromatic ,takes a minute or less.
- Cut nuts into small pieces and dry roast them for 1-2 minutes on medium flame
- Chop dates to small pieces and run them in a mixer once .
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and add dates. Saute on a medium low flame till dates become soft and pulpy . It may take 4 -7 minutes depending on your quality of dates.
- Add chopped nuts and mix everything well.
- Now this step is optional. If you find dates and nuts mixture a bit dry you can add a spoon of condensed milk and mix everything together to form a mass.Switch off.
- Allow the mixture to cool a bit. Divide into parts ,rub little ghee to your palm and shape to cylindrical rolls.
- Spread poppy seeds in a plate and roll the sweet rolls ;so that the rolls get coated with poppy seeds.Refrigerate or set aside for 1 -2 hours. Cut into slices.
- Store them air tight containers .Dates roll stays fresh for almost 3 weeks in room temperature. Enjoy !!