Today’s recipe .. Instant Dill leaves Idli .. is an easy, healthy breakfast recipe to kick start your day.They taste so good , are so aromatic and apt for a busy weekday . When these Dill leaves idli’s are getting steamed .. the house smells awesome .Best part is they don’t need any fermentation. Also no soaking and grinding if you have rice rava in stock.. preparing this filling and healthy Dill leaves idli is super easy…
I always believe ; a good breakfast fuels us up and charges us for the whole day ..and hence never skip breakfast . I know preparing filling and a different variety breakfast each day is a daunting task .People who are regular to my blog would have guessed that i love options in breakfast and feel bored to eat same Idli / dosa / upma each day . At the same time it should be healthy , filling and quick . Today’s dish Dill leaves Idli fits perfectly to this criteria s . i had shared before cucumber idli .. these are similar to that .Addition of dill leaves makes it very healthy , enhances the flavour and taste . They remain soft even when carried in lunchbox. Do try for sure and let me know what you have to say about them…Here goes the recipe..
DILL LEAVES IDLI RECIPE / SABSIGE SOPPU IDLI
- 1 cup Idli Rava / Rice Rava
- 1 cup Dill leaves( sabsige Soppu ) finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut Grated
- 3-4 tbsp Curd / butter milk
- 2-3 Green Chillies choppped
- few Curry Leaves Chopped
- few Coriander leaves Chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2-3 tsp Oil Temper + greasing idli moulds
- Salt to taste
- Clean and finely chop dill leaves
- Mix chopped dill leaves ,grated coconut ,rice rava , curd , water and salt in a mixing bowl . Allow to settle for 30 - 60 mins . If you are in a hurry .. you can do immediately .
- In a small kadai or pan , prepare tempering. Add oil. When its hot add mustard seeds.When it splutters, add green chilli and curry leaves. Fry for 1 min. Switch off.Pour this tempering to the dill leaves idli mix. Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. If the mixture consistency is too dry, add very little water. The batter should be just binding kind of
- Heat water in a steamer.Grease idli molds with oil .Pour the batter into idli stand.
- Steam for 15 mins on medium flame.Prick a tooth pick,if it comes clean it means its done.Allow it to cool a bit and remove from molds using a spoon or knife.
- Thats its Dill leaves idlis are ready to serve. Serve them hot with a dash of coconut oil and mango pickle / coconut chutney / coriander chutney / chutney powder / sambar etc
- If you don’t have rice rava, you can make it at home like this: Soak raw rice for 1hr. Drain water completely. Spread it on a cloth or paper towel for about 10 mins,so that the grains become dry. Grind the rice in a mixer to a coarse consistency.Home made rice rava is ready..
- Instead of rice rava you van do this with normal upma rava too. Procedure is same .
- The batter of idli should not be watery. It will make the idlis soggy. In case cucumber leaves more water, the mixture becomes watery, add little rava to fix it.
- Setting aside of 30 mins – 1 hour is important . Else the texture of idly will be dry n they would be hard.
- Instead of dill leaves you can add grated sweet pumpkin / grated carrot . For savory versions, you can also do it with dill leaves. They all taste awesome.