How about a super healthy, sugar free , guilt free sweet that’s an absolute beginners delight . Making these ” Dates and Nuts Laddu / Dry fruits Ladoo ” at home is super easy, hardly takes any time and taste wise… be prepared to get loads of praises. Addition of flax seed .. makes these Dates and flaxseed laddu more healthy . Now no more ignoring your dessert cravings! When that sweet tooth calls for a lusciously decadent treat, feel good indulging these healthier alternatives that’ll offer nutrition and satisfy your taste buds as well …. you won’t be disappointed… I bet !!!
Dates are naturally sweet and full of nutrition. Addition of nuts and flax seeds makes it more nutritious. Since no sugar is added while making it, people who are diabetic can satisfy their sweet craving with it. Those on diet can munch them without any worries as very little ghee goes into its making. I have already shared another version of making dry fruits laddu ( antina unde ) … but that is with jaggery and ghee . Today’s version is Sugar free . I have shared before sugar free dates roll , sugar free oats kulfi , sugar free oats cookies and today its time for dates and flax seeds laddu . So are you ready to make a note of it.. here you go…
EASY DATES , NUTS & FLAX SEED LADDU
- 1 cup Seedless Dates / Khajoor
- 2 - 3 tbsps Cashew
- 2 - 3 tbsps Almonds badam
- 2 - 3 tbsps Pistachios
- 2 - 3 tbsps White sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom elaichi powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut / roasted dry coconut ( kopra )/roasted Poppy seeds ( optional )
- Dry roast the nuts on medium flame for 23 minutes till they are crisp and aromatic . Let them cool.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and flax seeds seperately till they splutter .
- Coarse powder roasted nuts in a mixer . If you want you an just chop them finely too . Keep aside .
- Later Coarse powder roasted sesame and flax seeds in a mixer . If you want you can jut crush roughly in just chop them finely too . Keep aside .
- De seed and Chop dates to small pieces and run them in a mixer once .
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and add dates. Saute on a medium low flame till dates become soft and pulpy . It may take 3-5 minutes depending on your quality of dates.
- Add coarsely powdered nuts , flax seeds and sesame powder to the dates .Mix everything well . ( Note : My nuts became little powdery ...)
- If you find dates and nuts mixture a bit dry you can add another spoon of ghee and mix everything together to form a mass. Switch off. Note :Adding extra spoon of ghee is purely optional
- When it’s cool enough to handle, make ladoos of your desired size .
- Later roll them in the desiccated coconut / kopra powder . You can also use roasted sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc instead of coconut. Or just leave the dates ladoos plain. Your wish
- Store Dates and nuts laddu in air tight containers .They stay fresh for almost 8-10 days in room temperature. Satisfy your sweet tooth guilt free !!
- Proportion of nuts and seeds you can alter as per your choice . There is no exact measurement .
- You can add fig , rasins too .