Thinking how to empty off those over ripe banana’s peeping at you from fruit basket ? Today i have a dish which is one of the best way to finish them off . Before i got oven , always the over ripe banana’s were used up in making Mangalore Buns. But this time i suddenly remembered , ” Egg less Banana Cake / Bread ” which i wanted to try from a long time . I am so glad that i finally did try this keeper recipe . The best part of this recipe is its egg less , butter less and sugarless . The heavenly aroma when the cake is getting baked … aahh… and a bite into it you will realize the cake tastes even more heavenly .. yum yum !!
Though i would love to experiment more baking , i am usually put off seeing the ingredients. Too much butter , sugar , etc .. i don’t want to eat so much fatty stuff unless its some occassion . This recipe is for all those who want to bake the healthy way. The cake comes out really soft and delicious with the crunch of almonds coming in as a pleasant surprise for nut lovers. Though i have mentioned maida in the ingredients list , you can make it more healthy by using wheat flour. Do try this healthy , simple and full proof recipe of this delicious eggless butterless sugarless banana cake.. I am sure you will love it….
Check Out the Video recipe here :
EGG LESS BANANA CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups Maida All purpose flour, ( refer note 1 )
- 3/4 cup banana, puree / mash ( about 2 big over ripe one )
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- a pinch Salt
- Almonds, , chopped as much you wish
- Finely mash over ripe bananas with hand / blender to get a puree. Don't add water .
- Preheat oven at 180 degree c for 10 minutes .
- Measure honey and oil, add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the banana puree to the honey and oil mixture . Add vanilla essence. Mix well .
- Sieve maida , salt and baking powder . Add it to the wet ingridients . Mix well in the same direction with gentle hands to make the batter .
- Add the choco chips / nuts . Mix well . Don't overbeat. The final dough will be thick spoonable consistency . Don't worry .
- Pour this batter into greased loaf tin,tap slightly to level and to release air gaps.
- Place the loaf tin in the preheated oven and bake it for 30-35 minutes or until the top crust becomes golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool .
- Once cool / warm cut to slices and relish yummy banana cake / bread with a glass of milk or coffee .
- You can make this cake with just maida or use a combination of maida and wheat flour . Wheat flour 1 cup , maida 1/2 cup or vice versa .
- Don't cut slices when the cake is very hot . Slices won't come neat . It will be crumbly .
- If you want instead of honey can add same quantity sugar powder .