Merry Christmas to everyone !!! This greeting comes to you very late since its vacation time and i am out of station . So dear readers please excuse me . To celebrate the occasion i have for you all ” Eggless Dates Cake “. Its moist,fluffy,tasty with perfect sweetness and crunchy nuts in between and of course a complete beginners delight !!!
When i first started me baking journey few months back , i though i’ll start with vanilla cake. While looking for some basic eggless cake i stumbled upon this dates cake here .The recipe seemed very easy to begin and the cake looked so yum in spite of being egg less and butter less . But dates in a cake .. i was not sure. I thought let me give a try and to my happiness my first ever bake turned out so good.It was so moist, soft n delicious and above all so so easy and simple.There after i baked this cake many a times , shared it among my friends and relatives too and it was always a hit .. You too try for sure and be prepared to beam with joy..Off to bake…
EGGLESS DATES CAKE RECIPE
- 1 cup All purpose flour maida
- 18 Dates
- 3/4 cup Milk
- + 2 tsps Milk
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- handful of chopped Nuts, -( walnuts / cashew / Almonds / All )
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Instant coffee powder, ( Bru / Nescafe etc) (Optional ,but i like it that way )
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Warm 2 tsp milk in microwave and soak dates to make it soft.
- After about 5 minutes , take soaked dates in a mixer along with sugar. Grind to fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl, take milk and oil.
- Add dates n sugar paste to it and mix well.
- Sieve maida with baking soda twice so that baking soda is evenly distributed . Add instant coffee powder too.Keep aside
- Preheat the oven at 180 c for 10 mins. Line the baking tray with butter paper and grease with oil and keep aside.
- Now it's time to prepare our cake batter.Add sifted flour slowly to the dates - milk mixture and mix well till all the ingredients are combined well.
- Add the chopped nuts and give a quick stir.Pour batter into the greased baking tray. Sprinkle some nuts on top.
- Bake it at 180 c for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool down completely on a wirerack and then cut into slices.
- Relish your eggless butterless dates cake .... Stays good for 3-5 days without refrigeration.
- If you like getting pieces of dates in between you can grind them a bit coarse.
- If you want you can reduce oil quantity a little bit and increase same qty milk . ie if you have reduced 2 tbsp oil qty increase milk quantity by 2 tbsp.
- Color of the cake depends on the dates color.
- For a healthier version replace maida with wheat flour. But it would be little dense.