” Eggless Jam Cookies / Eggless Thumbrint cookies ” was in my bake list for a long time as my kids love Jim Jam biscuits that we get in market . Finally i made them one fine day and i couldn’t believe that making these eggless jam cookies at home was so easy . The taste texture and the looks was almost perfect in my first trial itself . They became an instant hit at home and vanished in no time. Now i bake these jam cookies frequently and it has never disappointed me . Go ahead friends .. do give a try and be prepared to get accolades ….. Here you go ..
EGGLESS JAM COOKIES / THUMBPRINT COOKIES
- 1 cup All purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk / Curd
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Mixed fruit jam /strawberry jam/any flavour as needed
- In a bowl take butter ,sugar powder and vanilla essence. Whisk well until its creamy and fluffy.
- In another bowl ,sieve maida & custard powder .
- Now add this maida mix to the beaten butter mix. Add dry ingredient to the wet ingredient in 2- 3 batches and with a help of whisk/ spatula / hand make a dough .No need to knead the dough much you just have to make a dough .if the dough is crumbly , add 1 more tbsp milk .the dough has to be non sticky.
- Melt the jam in microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Roll to make a smooth medium thick chapati .
- Cut the cookies into desired shape using mould / steel box lid .Remove the cookies and arrange in a greased baking tray.
- Make a small deep dent in the center of cookies using your finger, thumb or a bottle cap.Fill the dent with the jam.Put just few drops of jam as it may melt while cooking and overflow.If you want you can put the jam towards the end of baking just 2-3 minutes before its done.Actualy adding towards end is better .
- Preheat the oven at 180c for 10 minutes .
- Place the tray in the middle rack and bake the cookies in 180 c for 15 -20min / till the edges starts getting golden brown .
- Remove the cookies from the tray and let it cool completely.Initially they look soft when hot but after 30-40 mins , they will become crunchy and tasty only after they are cooled completely.
- Thats it!! Egg less Jam Cookies are ready!!Store in air-tight container once cooled completely.
- If you want you can add wheat flour instead of maida or both in ratio.
- you can use any flavour custard power . i had used that day orange flavour , so the color .
- Make a deep dent in the centre else the jam will spill out