Since mangoes are in season , i thought of posting some dessert of it . Initially thought of aamras ,amrakhand or the likes of it as i haven’t posted yet in my blog . Later decided to bake an ” Eggless Mango Cake ” since its been quiet a while i added something under baking section . If you are under the misconception that egg less cakes never turn out to be soft, this recipe will surely prove you wrong .Its moist,fluffy,tasty and very soft, with the blend of mango and cardamom flavors and nutty crunch with each bite !!! Yummy !! The smell of the mango cake while it was baking was mind blowing ..All the ingredients used in this cake are very simple and mostly available at home. With just few ingredients , few simple steps yummy Egg less mango cake is ready …and that too its butter less with just 2 tbsp oil . .Trust me and go ahead to try this cake. Everyone at my home loved it a lot ..i am sure you too will love it !! Unfortunately , i couldn’t do much justice the final photos as i was on the day i baked this mango cake . So finished the photo shoot in a hurry .
Check Out the Video recipe here :
EGG LESS MANGO CAKE
Dry Ingredients :
- 1 cup All purpose flour maida
- 1/2 cup Super fine Rava / Chiroti Rava
- 2 tbsps Milk powder, ( Optional )
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Nuts, chopped (i added cashew, badam n pista ) as much you wish
- a pinch Salt
Wet ingredients :
- 1 big or 2 mango, medium size
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup curd
- 3 - 4 Cardamom
- 1/4 cup or less Hot Water
- 2 tbsp any oil
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl nicely. Maida,chiroti rava,milk powder,baking soda,baking powder and salt .Mix nicely for even spread of baking powder and soda.Keep aside.
- Peel and chop the mangoes. In a mixer puree mango along with sugar and cardamom . Don't add any extra water .
- Later mix all wet ingredients in another mixing bowl ie mango n sugar puree + oil + curd . Mix well .
- Preheat the oven at 190 deg C for 10mins. Grease the baking pan with little oil and dust some maida.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients together ie Add the curd mango mixture to rava maida mixture slowly and mix until a thick batter is formed. Add chopped nuts and mix once. Reserve 1 tbsp of nuts for topping.
- You will see that the batter is thick . Add 2-3 tbsp of hot water and mix . Water required varies. But in any case it will be less than 1/4 cup . So add accordingly to bring the batter to the right consistency .
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan. Top the cake batter with remaining chopped nuts .
- Bake it for 35-40mins at 190 degree C. Better to check once after 30 mins.The top should have turned to a golden brown color and if you check with a toothpick in the center of the cake it should come out clean ..then your cake is done. Mine took 38 mins .
- Cool it for 15-20 mins, unmould and slice them.
- That's it .. Egg less mango cake is ready to relish . With mango elaichi flavour , chopped nuts in between this cake tastes really yumm !!
- You can substitute all purpose flour with wheat or use 50 :50 .
- Adding sooji gives a nice texture to the cake .
- Store brought mango pulp or puree can be used.
- Addition of hot water and milk powder makes the cake soft.
- walnut can also be added.
- If your mangoes are too sweet , you can reduce sugar quantity . If you ant you can increase mango quantity too.
- Color of the cake depends on the mangoes . I havent added any color.