Tutti frutti has been my childhood addiction .The same has transferred to my kids. They are so colorful , attractive and delicious .So today i have for you all a cake which has lots of tutti frutti . I baked this ” Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake ” for my hubby’s birthday last week . And Wow !! the result was awesome . Every one loved it . It was really soft , moist and light ….
Though i had been eating tutti frutti cake from ages , i had never expected making them at home was so simple and easy till i saw here .It hardly takes 10 mins to whip the batter , put it in the oven , bake for next 30 mins.. n its done . If you are a beginner in baking like me, Keep your fingers crossed and taste . Yum !!! you wouldn’t believe this super moist Eggless Vanilla cake with tutti frutti has been baked by you . Yes an absolute beginners delight it is . Do try friends… i am sure you are gonna love it…Here you go….
EGGLESS TUTTI FRUTTI CAKE RECIPE
For the batter :
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour /maida
- 1 cup Fine sugar or powdered sugar, ( i used 3/4 cup )
- 1 cup Fresh thick curd
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil, ( any oil which doesn;t have odour)
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda cooking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- a big pinch Salt
For the tutti frutti mix :
- 1/2 cup tutti frutti, or more ( as per your preference )
- Raisins, - few
- Cashew nuts, - few ; broken
- 1 tsp maida
For greasing the pan :
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- In a bowl,take tutti fruiti,nuts and raisins.Add 1tsp of maida and mix well.This step is to avoid sinking of tutti frutti to the bottom of baking tray .
- In a big mixing bowl , take curd and sugar powder . Whisk it gently so that curd becomes smooth and sugar dissolves .
- To the curd + sugar mix , add add baking powder and baking soda.Mix gently . You will see bubbles coming out. Keep the bowl aside for 5 mins .
- Meanwhile , Sieve maida once or twice.Preheat oven at 180 degree c for 10 minutes and grease the baking tray nicely . .
- After 5 min , you will see curd mixture would have risen well with frothy texture . Add vanilla essence , salt and oil to the curd mixture . Mix gently with the whisk such that the bubbles doesn't subside .
- Now, add half of the sieved maida and fold it gently.Again add the remaining half and mix it slowly and nicely such that there are no lumps . But be gentle ,the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- Lastly add the tutti frutti mix and fold it.
- Pour this batter into greased loaf tin .The final batter should be of dropping consistency and not too thick. .Tap slightly to level and to release air gaps.
- Place the loaf tin in the preheated oven and bake it at 180 deg c for 30-40 minutes .Just 5 minutes near the end take the baking tin out and brush the top with milk. Put it back inside the oven and cook until it is completely baked. This gives a golden crust . Keep an eye on the cake after 30 minutes .If the top crust becomes golden and a tester comes out clean , the cake is done. Mine took around 36 mins to bake .
- Transfer the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool .
- Once cool / warm cut to slices and relish your eggless tutti frutti cake with tea/coffee or eat as a snack.
- For a healthier version replace maida with wheat flour. But it would be little dense
- The quantity of tutti frutti , nuts is purely choice .
- You can skip the fruits, nuts and make it a simple sponge cake.
- Always keep an eye when the baking nears the ending time. We don't want our cake to get over baked.
- Stays good for 3-5 days without refrigeration