Roasted gram ladoo Recipe , how to do Roasted gram ladoo recipe with step by step pics, Fried gram laddu recipe , Maladu recipe , How to do hurigadale laddu , Easy Roasted gram laddu
Roasted gram laddu / fried gram laddu is one easy peasy quick laddu that any one can make . It is also known as Maladu or Maa Ladoo . In Karnataka its known as Hurigadale unde and made commonly during festivals . The best part of about this roasted gram laddu is that it takes hardly 10 minutes to make and the end result is just awesome .. almost simlar to besan laddu . This Laddu is also a savior when you suddenly decide to make home based sweet for guests.
Few Points to note while making Roasted gram laddy recipe :
- If you want can skip kopra .. but i like it along with that as it enhances the taste .
- Can increase sugar quantity if you have sweet tooth .
- Ghee is essential to this ladoo for 2 reasons – for adding flavor and as a binding agent . However,by adding too much ghee ,you will get very soft ladoos instead of a firm one .Do not lessen the quantity of ghee too as the mixture will be dry and you cannot make balls.
- Has the mixture turned dry and chalky ? Are you not able to shape the mixture into ladoos ? Then may be a ) Ghee quantity is less or b) you allowed the mixture to cool a lot before making ladoo’s. If this is the case you can try any one of the following methods to solve this problem –
- Add little more ghee .
- Re heat in low setting for 1 minute or so until you see the dough coming together.
- Also do not worry if your mixture feels too soft and your balls are flattening. If this happens, make all the balls and keep them on a plate and after 10 minutes roll each ball again between the palm of your hands. The mixture would have hardened a little and the balls will maintain their shape, this time
I have shared earlier many different types of laddu like rava laddu , moong laddu , dry fruit laddu , puri laddu etc and today it’s time for roasted gram laddu . Do try them this festivals and be prepared to get accolades .. here you go …
FRIED GRAM OR ROASTED GRAM LADOO RECIPE / MALADU RECIPE / HURIGADALE LADDU
- 1 cup Chana dal / Fried gram / hurikadle
- 1/4 cup Dry Coconut / Kopra, grated
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 2-3 nos Elachi / Cardamom seeds
- few Raisins
- few Cashews
- Saute roasted gram andTrans grated kopra for 3-4 mins . Let it get more crisp . Keep aside to cool .
- Transfer sugar and cardamom to a mixer . Powder . Add roasted gram and kopra to it . Powder everything to a fine powder . Transfer to a mixing bowl .
- Take ghee in a small pan and roast cashews and raisins .
- Add hot ghee and nuts to the roasted gram sugar powder . Mix everything well . The mixture should combine well and hold together when you press . If the mix if little powdery .. add a tsp of hot ghee and mix
- When the mix is still warm , take a handful off laddu mixture in hand and make round balls, to form a ladoo. Repeat the same with rest of the mixture.
- Store hurigadle laddu in airtight container. It will remain fresh even after 2 weeks.Enjoy the ladoos!