I love spices and enjoy trying new spices and blends . I like to experiment them on different dishes to see how they work…and actually sometimes it helps in giving a nice interesting twist to our regular recipes . Recently i came across one such interesting Sea Salt blend collection at Sprig . The banner ” Sea salt collections from Pacific ocean ” and those cute attractive glass jars filled with 4 different flavored salt is sure enough to grab anyone s attention . Celery Sea Salt, Chipotle Smoked Sea Salt, Sichuan Pepper & Sea Salt and Rosemary and Lavender infused Sea Salt are the four variants .Lets see today how i incorporated Celery Sea Salt in our Bangalore street food special Fryums chaat recipe . Celery Sea salt is a classic blend of robust celery with pristine sea salt from the Pacific Ocean. One can add it to any salads , sandwiches ,popcorns ,stir frys , juices, chaats, sandwiches, fried snacks, egg etc .
I am sure everyone loves crispy crunchy fryums . It comes in various shapes , sizes and color . Bangalore street side Bhelpuri vendors use the long golden finger to make this yummy Fryums Chaat called as boti masala chaat locally . Since independence day is just around the corner .. I used this tricolor fryums to make this easy interesting tasty fryums chaats . A pinch of Celery Sea Salt from Sprig adds an extra zing to this fryums chaat. To spicen up and flavor up more .. i added Sprig smoked paprika powder .
Do give a try and i am sure you will love it … Here you go …
FRYUMS CHAAT RECIPE -CELEBRATING INDEPENDENCE DAY WITH SPRIG CELERY SEA SALT
To deep fry
- 10 Fryums
- Oil to deep fry
To stuff in fryums
- 1 big carrot, grated
- 1 medium size onion, ; Finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Spicy fried peanut / congress kadlekai
- few drops Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp Dates chutney / sweet chutney, as required
- 1/4 tsp Sprig smoked paprika powder, as required
- Sprig Celery Sea Salt as needed
- Thin sev
- Puffed Rice
- Deep fry the fryums .Keep it aside .
- In a mixing bowl , take all the ingredients mentioned under " to stuff". Squeeze lime , sprinkle Sprig paprika powder and Sprig celery salt .Mix well
- Carefully and gently make a slit in the centre with a sharp knife and arrange half of it in a plate.Fill the slit fryums with a 1-2 tsp of stuffing , and cover it with the remaining half .
- Garnish with some sev and puffed rice . Enjoy the fryums chaat immediately .