Gajar Matar Sabzi Recipe with step by step photos | How to do North Indian Style Carrot Peas stir fry | How to do Gajar Matar sabji
There are days when you feel like cooking something light, something quick and easier with minimal spices..” Carrot Peas Sabzi ” is one such simple dish that can be tossed together in no time with minimum ingredients ..an absolute beginners delight and bachelor friendly. Pair it up this dry North Indian style Carrot peas sabzi with some phulkas / paratha or dal rice ..and make one absolute lip-smacking meal. It is so simple, uncomplicated .. but full of flavours. Great for a quick weeknight meal.
In Winter’s, whenever fresh red Delhi carrots are in the market ..this sabzi is regular at my place for dinner. One can make it just with carrot & peas or add little potatoes too to make extra tasty. It’s basically a mix of carrots and peas sauteed with spices that’s commonly available in Indian pantry. Not always do we like fancy, rich ..restaurant style gravies with cashew paste, coconut paste, paneer etc. Some times simple homely kind of side dish like this carrot peas sabzi is all we want . So are you ready to make a note of this Gajar Matar ki sabzi recipe .. Here you go !!
GAJAR MATAR SABZI RECIPE / INDIAN STYLE CARROT PEAS SABJI
- 3-4 nos Carrot / Red Delhi Carrot, diced ,small
- 1 no Potatoes, diced ,small
- 3/4 cup fresh Peas / frozen peas
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2-3 nos Green Chilli, slit
- 2-3 flakes Garlic, finely crushed/ chopped ( optional )
- small piece Ginger, finely crushed/ chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds/ Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Haldi / turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Dhania powder / Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam masala powder / kitchen king masala
- 3-4 tsp Oil
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan/ Kadai with oil, splutter mustard and cumin seeds. Add chopped onion, slit green chilli, chopped ginger-garlic. Saute till raw smell goes and onion is translucent.
- When onions are translucent, Lower the flame .. add salt, haldi, red chilli powder and dhania powder. saute for 1 min.
- Later add diced carrot , peeled diced potatoes and peas.
- Combine everything well so that spices are well coated with veggies. Saute for 2-3 mins. Cover and cook for 7-8 mins till eggies are 80 % done. Toss in between.
- when the veggies are almost cooked, add aamchoor powder and kitchen king masala/garam masala powder.
- Lastly, add chopped coriander leaves ... combine.
- Enjoy tasty carrot peas subzi as an accompaniment with dal rice / roti / phulka .