Grilled Pineapple Skewers Recipe – is an excellent and delicious starter . Tender, Juicy , spicy , tangy and little sweetish … these pineapple skewers are delightfully mouth watering . The best part is it uses less oil and makes it healthy as well. Grilled Pineapple Skewers or as commonly called Tandoori Pineapple Tikka is a crowd pleaser and is perfect to kick off your party . Making it at home using TTK Prestige Charcoal Barbecue is super easy . With a light smokey flavour , they taste amazing .. one can relish it as such hot or enjoy it with some mint chutney .
As said earlier i grilled these Pineapple skewers using the very handy TTK PRESTIGE CHARCOAL BARBECUE .. perfect to fire up the party anywhere any time . People who are regular at my blog might be remembering that TTK Prestige has collaborated with me to try out some of their unique products and create some easy user friendly recipes using it . So today i am happy to introduce you all to another new innovative product from TTK Prestige .
TTK PRESTIGE CHARCOAL BARBECUE is ideal for a quick barbeque party any where anytime .. be it backyard , terrace , balcony or even an outdoor picnic spot . Yes , carrying then to a picnic spot and having a barbeque party is super easy as they have a detachable legs and are pretty light to carry . Some of the key features of this charcoal barbecue are :
- Portable – this makes it very easy to carry it to any location .
- Detachable Legs & Quick to Assemble – It takes hardly 5 -10 mins to dismantle and arrange it back .
- Coal Based Cooking – Burning the coal forst time takes around 3- 35 mins , but once you achieve it .. it can burn for a long time and enjoy the party making some hot barbeques . Food can be warm for a long time .
- Easy to clean
With these handy great features having a barbecue party and making an array of mouthwatering barbeques is super fun and easy . Guests would love the concept . My kids were excited the other day that they no longer have to wait to go to Barbeque Nation and the likes of it to enjoy their favorite barbeques . The only disadavntage i found with this is
- Lighting up a charcoal and bringing it to the right temperature might be little difficult and time consuming for a beginner . Once we learn the knack .. may be it’s get quick . A hair dryer definitely helps the process to light quickly .
Coming back to today’s recipe .. Grilled Pineapple Skewers or Pineapple tikka .. one can try making them in pan / OTG too .. but nothing can beat the smokey charcoal flavor . Do give a try and enjoy …
GRILLED PINEAPPLE SKEWERS RECIPE / TANDOORI PINEAPPLE TIKKA
- 2 cup pineapple peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup capsicum - green , yellow red / any diced
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin powder / Jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Melted butter
- In a bowl , take oil , salt , red chilli powder , lemon juice , cumin powder and garam masala powder . Mix everything
- To the marination , add diced pineapple , onion and capsicum . Mix . Allow it to sit 20 - 30 mins .
- Meanwhile prepare the TTK Prestige barbecue charcoal grill as per instructions given in the manual .
- Take the metal skewers provided with the gril and skew marinated pineapple and veggies alternatively one by one. If you are using wooden skewers , soak it in water for 30 mins and then use else they will get burnt while grilling .
- Place the skewers with tikka on the grilling metal tray . Baste with melted butter . Keep turning the skewers so that they get cooked on all sides.
- Enjoy the grilled pineapple tikka with mint chutney and some sliced onion . Enjoy hot .