I love dosas and try to make varieties of them . Today i have one super healthy No Rice dosa made using horse gram and little millets … that’s ” Horse Gram Dosa / Horse gram millets dosa ” . These are crispy, tasty and like regular dosa’s you can easily shape them.. thick or thin .
Millets are not only healthy but tasty too . So these days i try to include millets in our diet in various ways . This Horse gram millets dosa is one such healthy recipe . Do follow this step by step recipe to make horse gram millets dosa .. i am sure you will love it ….
Horse gram is a healthy bean that’s rich in protein. I learnt this Horse gram dosa from my mom. We call it as hurali dose . . These dosas turn slight brown in colour (acquired from horse gram ) giving the dosas more appealing look . Typically they use horse gram and rice to make these dosas . But i omitted rice and added same proportion little millet ( saame rice ) .. and the out come was really awesome.
Millets proves that healthy food can very much satisfy our taste buds.With the goodness of millets , power-packed protein from horse gram .. .. .these dosas make one great healthy breakfast option .
Few points to note while making Horse gram Dosa :
- You can replace little millet with any other millet and follow the same recipe.
- Instead of millets you can use same proportion rice .
- you can grind the batter little coarse and make idlis out of it …
- You can do thick or thin dosa.
So are you ready to make a note of this healthy tasty dosas .. here you go ….
HORSE GRAM LITTLE MILLETS DOSA / HURALI DOSA / KOLLU SAMAI DOSA
- 1/2 Cup Horse Gram / Huruli
- 2 cup Little millet / samai / saame akki
- 1 tsp Methi /Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tbsp Thick Beaten rice /Poha/Avalakki
- Salt to taste
- Oil to make dosas
- Take little millet , horse gram and methi in a bowl . Wash nicely and soak for about 5-6 hours . Just 30 mins before grinding , wash and soak poha with rest of the ingredients.
- In a mixer / grinder , grind all the soaked ingredients adding very less water . if you intend to use same batter to make both idli dosa grind medium smooth . Transfer to a container , add salt and mix well . Set aside overnight / 6-10 hrs for fermentation
- Morning the batter would have fermented well. Mix well before pouring into greased idli moulds / making dosa .
- Heat a tawa. Grease with oil.Pour a laddle full of batter..Spread it in circular direction .Drizzle few drops of oil or ghee around it.Cover and cook on medium flame for abt 1-2 mins.No need to flip over and cook . Once its done, the dosas come out easily from the tawa
- Fold and serve
- Crispy Horse gram millet dosa accompanied with chutney or sambar or chutney powder of your choice.