In Bangalore, weather has turned pretty unpredictable. Its been cloudy, raining n chilly whole day from past few days. In such scenario, we often crave for a hearty and filling bowl of warm soup. So friends here i share with you all a super healthy very comforting ”Indian Style Millets Vegetable Soup ” . Its quick, easy and a complete meal … slurppp !!!
I made this dish from the very handy TTK Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker . People who are regular at my blog might be remembering that TTK Prestige has collaborated with me to try out some of their unique products and create some easy user friendly recipes using it . So today i am happy to introduce you all to ” TTK Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker ” – a new innovative product from TTK Prestige . Lets see today how to make Millets Vegetable Soup recipe using this gadget.
About TTK Prestige :
I am sure TTK Prestige requires no introduction from me as it has been over the years the household brand name in India and pioneer in the kitchen appliance and utilities. Prestige offers to the consumers the largest range of pressure cookers, cookware, kitchen appliances like gas stoves, mixer grinders, food processors, rice cookers, barbecues, electric irons, etc.
About TTK Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker:
Pressure cooker is probably one of the most important kitchen gadget in India . Most of us have multiple pressure cookers with different specifications and capacity which we use it in our day to day cooking . Be it for making rice / pulao / cooking veggies / legumes or even steaming Idli Dokhla . Cooking with Electric pressure cooker is more easy and mess free than the conventional ones . In India .. Electric pressure cookers are still not very common in every households . But having recently used the product i am just loving it . The electric pressure cookers are more safer than the conventional ones . It helps in keeping the food warm for hours . There are no hassles like keeping the whistles count or the noise the whistle makes .
If you ask me some highlight features of the product, here they are:
*** Controls – The control switch lever houses 2 indicators – Cook & warm . This helps in automatic cooking i.e after the rice is cooked it automatically shifts to ” Warm ” mode and keeps it warm for 2-3 hours .
*** Steamer basket –The specially designed steamer basket is ideal to preprae momos, steam vegetables, sprouts or any other food stuff simultaneously while the rest of the food is getting cooked in the bottom . This saves cooking time and energy .
*** Cooking Pan : The graduated Aluminium cooking pan ensures uniform heat distribution for efficient and even cooking of rice . It comes with a high quality close-fit stainless steel lid. the lid is provided with steam vent to allow the steam to escape .
*** Cool touch handles – Convenient cool touch handles makes it easy to carry the cooker even when there is hot food inside .
*** Detachable power cord – Makes the cooker portable, convenient to use and travel friendly .
Seeing the advantages, you may now ask me… are there no flip sides to this cooker . It has a few disadvantages which can always be side-lined to the positives:
- I wish the indicator used for warm and cook mode were different color for easy visual experience . May be cook mode as green indiacator and warm as orange . Right now .. both the modes has orange indicator .
- Recipe booklet is missing in the user manual . I would have wished if there was a recipe booklet which would help the user as in how to cook / what to cook / setting to choose etc . Well .. over the time with some trial and errors .. one can figure the time settings etc .
All in all i really loved the Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker and would definately recommend the product as one of the must in any kitchen .
Lets see now how to make Indian Style Millets Vegetable Soup in TTK Prestige Electric pressure EPC .. I have used Foxtail millets ( navane / thinai ) .. you can use any millets . Veggies and flavours also you can play around . Do try this simple recipe and enjoy it as your meal … Here you go..
INDIAN MILLETS VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE AND TTK PRESTIGE DELIGHT ELECTRIC RICE COOKER REVIEW
- 1 Cup Foxtail millet / Navane/ any millet
- 4+1 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Mixed Vegetables ( Beans ,Carrot , peas , corn etc )
- 1/4 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano / Basil / mixed herbs powder / cumin powder
- 1/4 cup Yoghurt / Butter Milk, ( Optional ; for tangyness )
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash Foxtail millet and soak it for 30 mins .
- Switch on the Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker and select warm . Add oil. .Add onion, ginger -garlic paste and saute till translucent .
- Drain and add the millet and give a quick stir.Add 4 cups of water and salt . Mix well .
- Place the steamer basket above the cooking pan and place all vegetables in it .Close the lid and switch to cooking mode
- After 6-7 minutes, take out the steamer basket, close the lid of the cooker and continue cooking millet. Since we are making soup .. its good that millets cook well and become mushy . But the veggies tastes good crunchy .. so we have steamed separately and kept aside to mix later .
- After the millet is cooked, the cooker will go to “Warm” mode. After about 3-4 minutes , open the cooker and lightly mash the cooked millets to get a creamy texture .
- Add steamed veggies , salt , pepper powder , basil powder ( You may add any flavoring ingredient you prefer ) and little buttermilk for tangyness . Combine everything . Add water if required to get a desired consistency . Bring to a boil
- Serve Millets veg soup hot . Sprinkle a pinch of freshly ground pepper powder for some extra taste . Isn't healthy food too tasty ??
- Addition of buttermilk is purely optional . I have added it to give some tangyness . If you want can add some other souring agent or skip completely .
- If you want can add some sprouts too this soup .