Today i have for you all Indian style Tomato Spaghetti recipe for you all . It’s simple, easy and one of the most super hit kid friendly dish .Bursting flavors of oregano , basil and cheese would definitely pull any one . The tangy tomato and spicy chilli makes the base sauce absolutely fingerlicking ..
This Indian style Tomato Spaghetti recipe is perfect for any occasion.. yes it tastes so yumm that it would be loved by all.
Pasta , noodles , pizza , tacos , nachos etc are always kids favorite and same is the scenario in my house . So now a days these dishes are becoming common in my home . I have shared before few variants in pasta recipes like white sauce pasta , pasta chat , desi pasta and today its Indian style Tomato Spaghetti recipe.
Perfectly-cooked spaghetti and richly flavored tomato sauce makes a great heavenly match.Most of the ingredients required for the Tomato Spaghetti are easily available.If you don’t have spaghetti .. you can use any type of pasta . You can add some veggies like corn , peas , zucchini,mushroom , brocolli etc ..
Few Points to note while making Indian Style Tomato Spaghetti :
- Spaghetti takes more time to cook. It took nearly 25 minutes in medium to high flame. I covered & cooked it for the last 5 minutes.
- please cook al dente . Else we will end up with mushy mushy over cooked spaghetti and will not taste good .
- Addition of veggies , cheese and herbs is as per your taste .
- Sweet corn , olives , brocollis goes well with these .
Do try this easy recipe .. i am sue you will get a big thumbs up from your family and friends .. So are you ready see how to cook Indian style Tomato spaghetti with step by step pictures… here you go …
Check Out the Video recipe here :
INDIAN STYLE TOMATO SPAGHETTI RECIPE / INDIAN VEGETARIAN SPAGHETTI RECIPE
- 150 gm Spaghetti
- 1 tsp Oil / olive oil, use olive oil for authentic taste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6-8 cup Water
For the tomato sauce
- 2-3 tsp Oil / olive oil
- 3-4 medium size Tomatoes
- 7-8 nos Garlic flakes, Finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, Finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp capsicum, Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp oregano flakes
- 1 tsp basil powder
- Salt to taste
- Cheese As required, Parmesan cheese prefered
- Spring Onions
- Wash tomatoes and make a cross (X) as shown in the pic.
- In a large pan take 5-6 cups of water . Add little salt and a tsp of oil . Allow water to boil . When it boils .. add spaghetti into the boiling water and let it cook till half done. Now add the whole tomato in spaghetti water and let it get blanched for about 5 mins . This will help to peel skin off from tomatoes easily.
- Take tomato out from water,after its skin gets cracked ..allow to cool .Peel off skin and discard them . Continue cooking spaghetti for another 10 mins .
- Make tomato puree .. keep aside .
- After 10-12 mins .. spaghetti would have cooked . Check .. take care not to over cook . It should be al dente ( Cooked just enough be to retain the shape ) . Drain and retain the stock water . Refresh the cooked spaghetti with running water . This avoids over cooking of spaghetti due to the heat .Cooked drained spaghetti is ready . Keep aside
Tomato sauce for Spaghetti
- Heat oil / olive oil in a kadai . Add finely chopped garlic cloves and onion. Saute till golden brown .
- When onion has turned golden brown add tomato puree and salt . Saute till it changes color .
- Now add finely chopped capsicum , sugar , pepper powder , chilli flakes , oregano powder , dried / fresh basil leaves and tomato ketchup . Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- When the sauce has thickened a bit, raw smell gone and starts leaving oil .. done .
- At this point add cooked spaghetti .
- Toss well till the spaghetti is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add finely chopped spring onions and grate cheese . Mix well .
- Serve tomato basil hot with little cheese and sprinkled over the top and finely grate over the Parmesan cheese.