Are you wondering what to do with those few slices of leftover bread lying in the kitchen? Here’s an excellent dish to clear off those left over bread slices and also an instant snack to serve unexpected guests . With just a few bread slices and some easily available ingredients from your kitchen pantry in no time your evening snack is ready … Yes !! making these ” Instant bread Vadas / Insant Medu Vadas ” is that simple . Crispy crunchy from out side and soft inside .. my kids n I just love it . Its not only we i am sure most of you will surely like it. Don’t worry ..they will nt take in much oil also…Here you go …
INSTANT BREAD VADA RECIPE
- 5 - 6 bread slices
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 cup Suji / rava
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 small onion ; chopped ( Optional )
- small Ginger small piece ; finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 4 - 5 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp green chilli Crushed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- to taste Salt
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl take bread slices and crumble to small pieces .
- To the crumbled bread,add rice flour,rava,curd,onion ( if using ) , ginger ,coriander leaves,curry leaves,cumin seeds and salt .
- Mix all the ingredients and form a dough.
- Divide the dough to small orange sized balls .
- Take 1 ball , grease your palm with some oil , roll out to smooth finish and gently make a whole at the centre to get a donut shape. Apply same procedure with rest of the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadai , drop 3-4 vada at a time depending on the kadai size . Fry on both sides till it becomes golden brown on medium flame. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot vada with ketchup or coriander chutney or sambar .
- You can use any bread..White,brown,multigrain,buns,fresh old,anything.
- You can add any other veggies like grated carrt , finely chopped cabbage ,etc .
- Addition of rice flour and rava gives crispiness and helps in binding .