INSTANT TOMATO RASAM RECIPE | INSTANT TOMATO RASAM RECIPE WITHOUT DAL | TOMATO RASAM WITHOUT DAL | NO DAL NO RASAM POWDER TOMATO RASAM POWDER RECIPE | QUICK TOMATO SAARU
Today I have for you all a super easy, very very delicious Instant Rasam recipe made without dal, rasam powder and tamarind. Enjoy this quick Tomato Rasam with hot rice, drizzled with ghee and papad on side or gulp as such like a tasty tangy soup !! Either way, I am sure you are just gonna love it and crave it again and again. And the best part, it hardly takes 15 mins to make !! If you are very lazy to cook something that takes a lot of time and effort, then these recipes always come in handy.
Check out the Video here :
Instant Rasam and its ingredients :
Saaru / Rasam is one of the everyday dishes on our lunch menu. There are so many different types of rasam we make and today’s Instant version of Tomato Rasam is prepared with tomatoes, flavoured with cumin, black pepper, garlic and a few more ingredients. Tomatoes add a nice tangy flavour and make this Rasam even more delicious. A little addition of jaggery to the rasam balances the tanginess. It’s spicy, tangy, comforting, light on the stomach..perfect for cold days.
Few simple points to note while making this No Dal No Rasam Powder Tomato Rasam are as follows :
- Use juicy and ripe tomatoes to make this rasam. The firm ones will not blend well and give texture.
- Dry roast the spices well. It will give a nice flavour to your rasam.
- Freshly crushed peppercorns, cumin and coriander make this rasam special. Do not use store-bought pepper powder for making this recipe.
- Garlic adds a unique flavour which makes this rasam even tastier. But the choice is yours if you don’t prefer you can skip.
- Boil the rasam nicely on low flame for all the raw flame to go and to enhance the taste.
- Do not skip tempering ..especially Hing and Ghee.
If you are craving something comforting yet satisfying, make this Instant Tomato Saaru and Steamed Rice and pour some melted ghee on top! Yumm!
INSTANT TOMATO RASAM RECIPE WITHOUT DAL
- 3-4 medium sized Ripe tomato
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds / Dhania
- 1-2 nos Green chilli , slit
- 2-4 flakes Garlic , crushed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder / Haldi
- few Curry leaves
- few sprig Coriander leaves
- 2-3 tsp fresh grated Coconut, optional
- small piece Jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- a big pinch Hing / Asafoetida
- Wash and dice ripe Tomatoes.
- In a small kadai, dry roast pepper, jeera and coriander seeds. Let them get aromatic and crisp.
- In a mixie jar, take the diced tomato, roasted coriander seeds, pepper corns, cumin seeds. Add little water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground tomato paste to a vessel. Add slit green chilli,few curry leaves, salt to taste,small piece jaggery,little haldi and crushed garlic. Add around 2-3 cups of water to get desired consistency. Mix well .
- Keep the rasam to boil . Simmer and let it boil nicely for 5-6 mins till the raw smell of tomato and garlic goes.
- To the boiled Rasam,add chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut ( if using ) .Boil till frothy.Taste test.
- In a small tadka pan, Prepare tempering. Heat ghee and splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Add a big pinch of hing and switch off. Add this tadka to the boiling rasam.
- Enjoy it hot with Hot rice+dollop of ghee on topand papad on side / sip it as is as a hot soup.