Remember my yesterday’s post of Jackfruit seeds rasam where I had shared just half the recipe of it and had kept aside cooked jack seeds to use later ? So as promised , today i am back with part 2 of it – using the cooked jackfruit seeds in making ” Jackfruit seeds Stir Fry / Halasina beejada Palya ” . This stir fry tastes similar to potato / sweet potato stir fry . My kids love this lip smacking dish in their lunch or even as a snack . Do try this simple ,quick,healthy ,nutritious stir fry… here we go..
Check out the video of Jackfruit seeds stir fry here
But the most boring and time consuming part in jackfruit is its cleaning and cutting. Once that’s taken care of, Making any dish is just a step away.Do follow this video and give a try. Cutting at home is actually not that difficult afterall the end result is worth all the trouble ????
JACKFRUIT SEEDS STIR FRY
- 25 - 30 nos Jackfruit Seeds
- 1 medium onion
Spice mix :
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- a pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Salt, to taste
- 3 - 4 teaspoons Coconut Oil / Any oil, ( coconut oil pref)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Split Black gram /Urad dal
- 1 tsp channa dal
- 1 Red Chilli, - broken
- few Curry Leaves
To Garnish :
- grated coconut
- coriander leaves
- Separate the jack fruit seeds from the fruit and wash . Spread them on a paper or flat plate and air / sun dry them for 2-3 days .This helps to peel of the skin better, else they will be sticky.
- Cut each seed to 2 pieces and peel the white skin off from the seed . Making a cut in the seed and then peeling will help to peel easily .
- Add haldi and cook the seeds in enough water till they are done .Cook in cooker for about 3 whistles .
- Drain the cooked jackfruit seeds using a colander . Save the broth for making rasam . keep aside the cooked jack fruit seeds to make a stir fry .
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan / kadai over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds ,urad dal and allow seeds to crackle. When they crackle , add broken red chillies , curry leaves and chopped onions. Saute for a few minutes on medium heat until the onions are tender.
- Add all the spices ie turmeric powder, hing, red chilli powder,sambar / rasam powder and salt . Give a quick mix
- Add in the thinly sliced cooked jackfruit seeds into the onion mixture.
- Gently mix everything so that masala gets coated to the seeds well . Continue to roast on low flame for about 10 mins , stirring in between . This will make the seeds slightly roasted and help in taking in all the flavors . If you are ok , you can add 1-2 tbsp of oil too in between .
- Garnish with some coconut and Serve the Jack Fruit Seeds Stir Fry with steamed rice and rasam .