Lady’s finger Dosa recipe with step by step photos | How to do Okra dosa | Bendekayi dose
Never in my wildest imagination, I had thought that anybody could make dosa out of lady’s finger !!! A few years ago, in a Facebook group when I first saw these crispy ” Lady’s Finger Dosa / Bhindi Dosa “.. I was like ” What !!! Dosa out of Lady’s finger !! How will it taste ?? Will, it is not sticky ??!! “. But I was so amazed seeing the okra dosa pic, that I went ahead and bookmarked the recipe as must-try. I am glad I did try as I was in for a wonderful surprise… Wow !! The dosas had turned so thin, crispy, flavorful and of course super yummy and easy… Now, these Lady’s finger dosa has become a regular in my home…
When I tried this dosa 1st time, i was so panicked seeing the dosa batter. It was so so slimy. I was so upset and felt what do I do with this batter now?? To my surprise when I did dosa out of them.. they were so perfect just like any other dosa. My mom and friends too took the recipe from me and tried and were amused by the end result. Everyone just loved them. Do try friends.. I’m sure you too would love it and add it to your breakfast list…
It ‘s also a good way to finish of those few remaining Okras sitting in the fridge. In fact, even with just tips of bhindi you can make these flavorful dosas. The fresh veggies goes in to make Bhindi sabzi and those tips which we otherwise throw as thrash can be used to make this bhindi dosa. So are you ready to make a note of these crispy Bebndekayi Dose …Here we go…
LADY'S FINGER DOSA
- 2 cups Normal rice / Dosa Rice
- little less than 1/4 cup Split blackgram /Urad dal
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds methi
- 1 -1.5 cup bhindi / ladys finger tips
- 8-10 nos ladys finger
- 1 - 2 Green Chillis (optional)
- to taste Salt
- Oil to make dosa
- Wash and Soak rice,black gram and methi seeds for 3-5 hours .
- Cut lady's finger to big chunks. Alternatively, u can use ladys finger tips.
- In a mixer take lady's finger and chilli.Grind them adding little water.Once its crushed, add soaked rice mixture to the bhindi chilli and grind all to get a smooth batter. Lastly add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Allow the batter to ferment overnight or for 4-8 hours.
- In the morning,you will see that the batter would have fermented well. Mix well using a laddle. Add water if required.Don't panic seeing the batter gooey. It would be so but you will be able to spread dosa's would come out like normal dosa.
- Heat a Tawa. Grease with oil. Pour a ladle full of batter. Make it thick or thin dosa as you wish. Spread it in circular direction if you like thin crispy dosa or spread just a little if you prefer soft thick dosas. Drizzle a few drops of oil or ghee around it. Cover and cook on a medium flame for abt 1-2 mins.No need to flip over and cook. Once it's done, the dosas come out easily from the Tawa.
- Fold and serve crispy Lady's finger dosa accompanied with chutney or sambar or chutney powder of your choice.