Masala Puri Chaat Recipe | How to do Karnataka style Masala Puri Chaat | Bangalore Mysore style Masala Puri Chaat Recipe with step by step photos | Masala Puri video recipe
Street food captures the heart and soul of any city.. isn’t it? They are always famous irrespective of age and is enjoyed by one and all. Every city has its signature street food and Bangalore is no exception. Here you’ll find some unusual chaats which are popular in Karnataka but not known to many outsides. Those who have been to Bangalore can vouch for a bhelpuri stall in every street corner. These stalls have varieties of snacks like Panipuri, floating pain puri, sukha puri…etc etc. I would like to share with you all today authentic street style Masala puri chaat recipe. Crushed crispy puri mixed with yummax flavourful spicy gravy of boiled peas & topped with chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander and lastly lots of sev/ mixture. Now who would want to say no to this?I am crazy for spicy masala puri and there is space for it always 😁😁… How about you??
Masala puri is very popular throughout Karnataka and most of them love this spicy chaat. I am sure..like me, many of you must be having beautiful memories associated with this delicious chaat. Making Masala puri is actually very easy but may look a little lengthy when you see the first time. Trust me it’s actually not. The key to make delicious Masala puri lies in the aromatic flavorful gravy made from dried green peas in the making of it. Once that is ready, assembling this chaat is super easy . That divine feeling of relishing a perfect plate of hot masal puri topped with lots of crunchy onion, carrot and lots of sev….nothing can beat it !!!
Few simple points to note while making this Masala puri are as follows :
- In the authentic masala puri, always dried green peas is used. In case you don’t have them, can use fresh peas or white peas .
- You can replace potatoes with carrot .
- If you want can sprinkle finely chopped cucumber or just keep a cucumber slice or a papadi for some extra crunch.
- If you want can drizzle few drops of sweet chutney, green chutney and a tsp of thick curd while assembling masala puri.
- Always serve masala puri as soon as you assemble it or else puri becomes soggy & also hot masala puri tastes best.
- I add 1/2 tsp of sugar towards the end as it balances the taste of the gravy and makes it tastier.
Do try making this tasty Karnataka style Masala puri at home following this easy recipe ..