Today i have for you all ” Mushroom Matar Masala Recipe ” that’s fancy,delicious yet simple and quick.The end result would taste just like you would get in restaurants.A perfect kid friendly as well crowd pleaser . Fresh mushroom and peas are simmered in onion tomato base along with few other spices to make this lipsmacking mushoom matar masala . One can enjoy this curry along with roti , kulcha, naan ,phulka , jeera rice etc. Pair it up with any of these .. i am sure you will enjoy this mushroom curry ….
Mushroom in spite of being a very healthy veggie is banned in many Indian houses for some reasons. Growing up i had never eaten mushroom. Even after marriage i had never experimented with this veggie. It started entering my kitchen only I guess from last 2-3 after my daughter said:” Amma .. I love mushrooms.. why don’t you buy it ? “. From then started my google research’s for few simple mushroom recipes, my trials, flops and finally successes. And now I can say I know a few yummy mushroom dishes. I have shared before Cream of mushroom soup , Mushroom pepper masala , Mushroom tikka and today this mushroom matar masala. Over time I will share some more…
So are you ready to jot down the Mushroom matar masala recipe with step by step pics.. here you go ..
Check Out the Video recipe here :
MATAR MUSHROOM RECIPE / MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE / MUSHROOM CURRY
- 200 gm Button mushrooms chopped into big peices
- 100 gm green peas fresh / frozen
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1 Bay leaf / Tej patta
- 1-2 tsp cream optional
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
to saute and grind
- 1 medium size onion Chopped
- 1 medium size tomato Chopped
- 1 inch Ginger
- 7-8 flakes Garlic
Dry masala / spice powders
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- 1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin powder / Jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 3/4 tsp Red chilli powder As required
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori methi
- Add a tsp of oil and add sliced onion , ginger , garlic and green chillies to a pan . Saute till onion turns translucent . Next add tomatoes little salt and continue saute ing till tomatoes turn mushy .
- Cool down and grind it a fine paste.
- Heat butter / oil in the same pan / kadai .Add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Let cumin seeds splutter.
- Add turmeric , red chilli powder , dhania powder and jeera powder to the hot oil . Saute for 1-2 mins . This enhances the color of the gravy .
- Add fresh or frozen peas . Saute for 2-3 mins on medium flame .
- Add blended tomato onion masala and mix well . Saute for 1 min and cover and cook the masala for 2-3 mins stirring in between on a low flame
- Add diced mushroom and salt to taste .Combine everything . Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 4-5 mins . Stir in between .
- After 4-5 mins , you will observe that mushrooms are cooked ( they usually cook quickly ) . If you like semi liquid curry , you can stop at this stage . Add garam masala , chopped coriander etc and serve. However if you like gravy .. add around 1/2 cup water . mix well . Allow to boil well .
- At this stage add garam masala powdwer , kasoori methi . mix
- Finally finish the mushroom matar masala by adding a tsp of cream and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- Enjoy mushroom matar masala with chapathi / roti / kulcha/ naan jeera rice etc
- Don't fry mushroom in oil before itself . If we do so .. mushroom will start leaving water and the curry wont taste good.
- If you want you can add little cashew / almond paste to make it more rich
- This curry can be served gravy typ e/ semi gravy type . Its your choice .