Today i have for you all ” Methi Malai Paneer Recipe ” – a classic North Indian dish that’s very common in restaurants,Parties and get together ’s . It’s very tasty,aromatic yet easy to make. Busting with flavors of fresh methi leaves this creamy gravy tastes just awesome. . Methi Malai Paneer recipe is basically a rich creamy gravy made with fenugreek leaves, paneer cubes milk and cream. Paneer methi malai is one great side dish for any indian flat bread like roti , chapathi , Naan etc …
Many of you must have tasted Methi Malai Paneer in restaurants but i had never tasted it till few years before. I just hate fresh cream and since this dish has malai in it , i was under wrong assumption that methi leaves cooked in fresh cream can never taste good. But one fine day when i tasted it at one of my friend’s house, i was just bowled by its taste and texture.I realized how foolish was i to make a conclusion without trying even once. Now i make this regularly in home. However i feel my home made version tastes better than restaurant ones. I use less malai and more of cashew / almonds to get creamy texture. I have earlier shared methi matar malai recipe which is basically white color gravy… onion base .. using the same recipe you can make Methi Malai Paneer t get a white gravy . Since i have already shared that version .. this time i thought of altering and posting a onion tomato cashew base gravy. This Methi Malai Paneer recipe is restaurant quality dish that you can easily make at home and relish . Easy to make yet end result is absolutely lipsmacking .. This recipe will win everybody’s heart at the dining table …I am sure you will make it again and again… Do give a try ..
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Methi recipes such as
Methi leaves Dosa etc ..
You can also check few more paneer currys like
METHI MALAI PANEER RECIPE / METHI PANEER RECIPE / PANEER METHI MALAI
- 1 cup fenugreek/ methi leaves
- 100 gms Paneer / Cottage Cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1-2 tbsp Ghee / oil
- 1 Bay leaf / Tej patta
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / jeera seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder /Haldi
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- Salt to taste
For Masala to grind
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic
- small piece Ginger
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chillies
- 10 Cashew nuts, soaked in water
- Soak cashews in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes. Later grind cashews with little milk to a smooth creamy paste, set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add fenugreek leaves with little salt and cook till the raw smell evaporates.
- To the same heavy bottomed pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil and add sliced onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute till raw smell goes. Add diced tomatoes and salt. Saute till tomatoes are mushy.
- Once onion tomato mix has cooled, grind it very smooth along with soaked cashews. Our masala for methi malai paneer is ready.
Proceed to make the gravy
- Add remaining oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add bay leaf, cumin seeds and let it splutter .
- Add ground onion tomato paste and saute well for about 4-5 mins or till raw smell goes and color changes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, kasuri methi , sauteed methi leaves and salt. Saute well.
- Add milk and required water to get the desired consistency. Mix everything well and keep it covered. Stir in between.
- Add diced paneer simmer and boil for 2- 3 mins .
- When the curry is boiling well, add malai and garam masala powder and let it cook for another 1 minute. Mix everything and switch off.
- Serve Methi Malai Paneer along with Roti / Chapathi / Naan
- After adding cream don't boil much . They will curdle .
- Cashew paste is very important here as they give a nice texture . you can add few almonds too .
- If you want you can increase Fresh cream ( Malai ) quantity .
- You can add some green peas too .