MOSARU AVALAKKI RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | MOSARU AVALAKKI VIDEO RECIPE | CURD POHA RECIPE | DAHI POHA RECIPE | HOW TO DO CURD POHA | GOPALKALA RECIPE
Today I have for you all Creamy, delicious and super easy Curd Poha / Mosaru Avalakki recipe that can be put together in 15 mins !! it’s actually a no-cook dish making it a beginner-friendly and bachelor friendly dish. Curd poha is one popular Krishna Janmashtami and Shivaratri special dish !! On hot summer days as Mosaru Avalakki plus pickle … perfect cooler !!!
Making of Curd poha is actually easier than regular curd rice. Just soak poha for 5-10 mins, mix it curd and temper. For extra taste you can add little cucumber / Onion / Pomegranate / Raisins / Grapes etc. Tastes amazingly delicious. It is my father in law s go-to comfort food any day and hence I keep making it often for dinner.
Few variations and points to note while making Mosaru Avalakki:
- Always use thick variety poha only ( Dappa avalakki ) for best taste and consistency.
- Keep curd poha thin in consistency .. in few minutes poha will again absorb the curd and thicken. If it turns thick after some time, add little curd and milk to adjust the consistency.
- I like to add little finely chopped ginger as it enhances the taste.You can add hing too.
- For extra taste you can add little cucumber / Onion / Pomegranate / Raisins / Grapes / cashews etc. If nothing available, keep it plain, yet tastes good.
- Don’t keep it outside for long after making . Curd may get sour . You can keep in fridge.
Check out the video of mosaru avalakki here
MOSARU AVALAKKI RECIPE / CURD POHA / DAHI POHA
- 1 cup Thick Poha / Beaten Rice / Avalakki
- 1.5-2 cup curd
- 3-4 tsp Cucumber, finely chopped ( optional )
- few Pomogranate seeds / grapes / raisins, optional
- few sprigs Corinader, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp Coconut Oil / Any oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal / split black gram
- few Cashews, broken
- 1 no Sun dried Chilli / Red Chilli, broken
- 1 no Green Chilli, Finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, Finely chopped
- few Curry Leaves, Finely chopped
- Clean Poha and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add enough water. Rinse and wash poha nicely. Drain off the water.
- Add some more water and soak poha for 10-15 mins.
- After 10 mins, drain excess water and transfer the soaked poha back to the bowl.
- Add thick curd to the soaked poha. Initially add only half the quantity of curd. Keep aside the leftover curd to be used later .
- Add salt and mix well.
- You will notice that.. in a few minutes poha would have taken in most of the curd. Add the remaining curd that we have kept aside and mix. At any point, keep curd poha thin in consistency .. in few minutes poha will again absorb the curd and thicken.
- To the mixing bowl, add chopped coriander leaves, chopped cucumber and pomegranate seeds/raisins/grapes whichever you like.
- Prepare the tempering. To a small kadai add oil. Splutter mustard and urad dal. Add broken cashew pieces and sun-dried chillie . Fry till golden brown . Add chopped green chilli , chopped curry leaves and finely chopped ginger. Saute for a minute
- Pour the tempering on the curd poha. Combine everything well. If required add little water/curd/milk to adjust consistency.
- Curd Poha / Mosaru Avalakki is ready to relish.
- Serve immediately for best taste !!