In Bangalore, weather has turned pretty unpredictable. Its been cloudy,raining n chilly whole day from past few days. In such scenario, we often crave for a hearty and filling bowl of warm soup. So friends here i share with you all my daughters favorite ” Vegetarian Mushroom Soup / Cream Of Mushroom Soup ” . Its quick, easy ,rich and slurpyy….
Mushroom inspite of being a very healthy veggie, is banned in many Indian houses for some reasons. Growing up i had never eaten mushroom. Even after marriage i had never experimented with this veggie. It started entering my kitchen only i guess from last year after my daughter said ” Amma .. i love mushrooms.. why don’t you buy it ? “. From then started my google research’s for few simple mushroom recipes ,my trials, flops and finally successes. And now i can say i know few yummy mushroom dishes. Over the time i’ll share them one by one here.
Coming back to today’s dish – mushroom soup ; it is pretty easy and quick to make with just a few ingredients required. This dish is something even a new bee to kitchen can’t go wrong.And the outcome is just delicious… Do try for yourself.. i am sure after you taste it, you’l no longer order mushroom soup in restaurant …
Check Out the Video recipe here :
- 1 cup Button mushrooms sliced finely
- 1 Medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 - 4 flakes Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp All purpose flour maida
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 - 2 tsp Oregano powder
- to taste Pepper powder Freshly ground
- to taste Salt
- Clean mushrooms ,quickly rinse and chop it finely.
- In the same pan , heat butter .Add finely chopped onions and garlic. Saute for 2-3 mins.
- When onions turn translucent, add chopped mushroom and saute for a few minutes. Let the water released from mushroom dry.
- Add maida to the mushrooms and saute for 2-3 mins . Add a cup of water and cook till mushroom is done.
- Take half the quantity of mushroom in a blender and puree smooth .
- Add mushroom puree to the remaining mushroom slices and add milk. Add salt and mix well. Now add some water to adjust the soup to the desired consistency.
- On a low flame let the soup come to boil.Stir in between.We can see that the soup has thickened .
- Lastly sprinkle freshly ground pepper powder and some oregano powder. Stir and just bring to a boil.Switch off.
- Serve hot steaming cream of mushroom soup garnished with coriander leaves / parsely/spring onions /grated cheese
- Instead of maida you can also use cornflour.
- In the above i've used oregano powder for flavoring. Instead of that you can use dried basil or thyme or any other indian spices or omit all and keep it simple.If you wish you can increase the quantity of mushrooms.
- If you want you can add choice of finely chopped veggies too.