Oats Idli recipe with step by step photos | Masala Oats idli Recipe | Instant Oats Idli
Do you love Idlis? But feel boring and time-consuming to make idlis often at home coz of soaking and fermentation process? Here’s a tasty, healthy and Instant Oats Idli Recipe for you all … The best part is… as said, it doesn’t require any fermentation or grinding …a quick fix solution for all idli lovers !! A fulfilling healthy dish that is loaded with fibre, high on nutrition and low on calories..a perfect choice for all those who are looking for a healthy wholesome quick breakfast recipe. Addition of veggies makes it colourful, more nutritious and yummier. If you are like me who hate oats for its gooey mushy texture .. then this Oats Idli recipe is perfect for you .. yes it’s an absolute winner when it comes to non-sticky texture
Oats are known for their health benefits because of its dietary fibres, iron and cholesterol reducing agents. After knowing that they have so many health benefits and is good for weight loss i started including oats in my diet from past few years. I am not a big fan of oats. I can’t eat oats with milk and fruits . Over the years i have accepted oats in few dishes like Oats upma , oats dosa, Oats dumplings and of course this oats idli. This oats idli is similar to instant rava idli .. except that we have added oats as major along with rava. Filled with the goodness of oats, rava and veggies.. they are not just nutritious but very tasty too. Do try and enjoy …
OATS IDLI RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE INSTANT OATS IDLI
- 1 cup oats, quicks cooking oats or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Semolina/ upma rava
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk /sour curd
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Haldi/ turmeric
- 1 tsp Eno/ fruit salt
- few sprig Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp carrot, grated (optional)
- Salt to taste
- oil to grease idli plate
- few cashews to garnish, optional
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds /Jeera
- 2-3 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp Channa dal
- few Cashew, ( optional )
- few nos Curry Leaves, finely chopped
- 2-4 nos Green Chilli, Finely chopped
- small piece Ginger, Finelly chopped / grated
- 3-4 tsp Oil
- Take 1 cup instant cup oats or rolled oats. Dry roast them 2-3 mins till aromatic and crisp.
- Pulse oats to powder.You can make them fine powder or keep it little coarse based on your preferance. Keep aside.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, channa dal and jeera. Later add curry leaves, green chillies and ginger. Can add cashews too. Saute nicely till they are golden and crisp.
- Once chilli, curry leaves and ginger are crisp ..add 1/2 cup rava. Saute for 2-3 mins .
- Later add powdered oats and little haldi . Combine everything nicely.
- Oats idli mix is ready. Allow to cool . This mix can be stored in an airtight container and saved to use as and when required. If sauteed well ..it stays good for a month or so without refrigeration.
- After oats mix has cooled .. add salt, grated carrot, coriander leaves, curd/buttermilk and water. Mix.
- Allow oats idli batter to sit for 10-15 mins. You will see that it has thickened and might need extra water to get the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile .. grease idli plate. Place cashews in each mould if you like. Also, heat idli steamer or pressure cooker.
- When the water in the steamer starts boiling, add eno ( fruit salt ) and little water. Eno or baking soda is a must .. else idli will harden. Mix gently, you will see bubbles coming out. Adjust the consistency of idli batter .. should just be like dropping consistency..idli batter like. Don't allow the batter to sit long after adding eno . Also if you have more quantity of batter .. divide it into parts and add eno only to the part ready to steam.
- Pour idli batter to the greased idli moulds. Steam cook for 10-12 mins.
- Enjoy oats idli hot with chutney and sambar or either of these.