Paan Coconut Ladoo Recipe | How to do Paan Coconut recipe | Step by step recipe for Paan Coconut Ladoo | Easy Paan Coconut Ladoo recipe
Festive mood has set in since Diwali is just a few days away and festivals are almost always synonymous to good food .So my next coming posts will be Diwali special dishes.To start with today i have for you all ” Paan Coconut Ladoo ” filled with gulkand and dry fruits in between . Have you eaten Pan pasand chocolate ? This laddu tastes almost simlar to it . Paan Coconout ladoo is not just one easy peasy unique dessert .. but also can act as a great mouth freshner .
Beetel leaves are called as veeledele in Kannada and is a must for any auspicious occasions be it for wedding , festival , pooja etc . It is a part of tambula/ kalasa during those rituals . They are not only auspicious .. but healthy too . Betel leaves along with chuna is given to a new lactating moms everyday post lunch as it aids in milk production . They aid in digestion , good for weight loss , cold cough , oral health and diabetes too ..no wonder these heart shaped leaves are part of our age old tradition since long . Apart from consuming them in the form of paan .. one can make few dishes too out of it . If you have few left over betel leaves after a pooja or function at home .. these easy and simple recipes come handy to finish them off rather waste .
I had shared earlier betel leaves rice , betel leaves rasam . Today it’s time for Paan Gulkand laddu . It’s easy , unique and very flavourful . Another best thing about this dessert is .. unlike other laddus , this takes just a tsp of Ghee to make it . I had seen this recipe last year hear and since then wanted to try it … Do try making them this Diwali and enjoy with your friends and family …
Check Out the Video recipe here :
PAAN COCONUT LADOO RECIPE / PAAN LADDU - BETEL LEAVES RECIPES
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut, 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk / milk Maid
- 4 nos Betel leaves / Paan leaves / Veeledele
- 4-5 tsp Gulkand
- 1 tsp Ghee
- few drops green food color, optional
- few Nuts, chopped
- Desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Wash and roughly chop betel / paan leaves .
- Blend paan with condensed milk using a food processor / mixie . Pulse well both are well combined. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat. Add a cup of dessicated coconut . Rost for 2-3 mins on medium heat , till its aromatic .
- Add the condensed milk – paan mixture and mix to combine. Add few drops of green food color at this point if you want .
- Cook for another 2 minutes on low heat, mixture will thicken , you will see the mixture will start coming together.Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit
- Meanwhile , combine gulkand and chopped nuts ( you may use raisins , cashew , baadam etc )
- Grease your hands with little ghee, Now, start taking small portion , flatten it and add little gulkand nuts mix in the center.
- Roll to shape as laddu
- Coat each laddu with the dessicated coconut. Repeat the same process with the remaining ladoos.
- You can make just 2 ingredient coconut laddu using the the same recipe .. just skip paan part .