Preparing healthy , filling and a different variety breakfast each day is a daunting task . So today i have ,one more breakfast option for you all … and this time its Instant Palak Dosa / Spinach Dosa . These dosas are a nice variation to the regular Neer dosas. These palak dosas are a nice way to sneak in palak in your kiddos diet.. they not only make the dosa very colorful and attractive but are very healthy and tasty too .
Unlike the typical dosa, tomato dosa doesn’t need any fermentation .Just soak the rice for few hours and blend well with few spices. That’s it our batter for Palak dosa is ready.The method of making these dosas is almost similar to neer dosa and tastes great with the mild flavor of Palak . The Palak dosas have got a gorgeous color along with amazing health benefits .They actually don’t need any side dish too.Also these dosas can be carried in lunchbox as they taste good even when cold.Try it for yourself .. i am sure you will agree with me. Here goes the recipe ….
INSTANT PALAK DOSA RECIPE / SPINACH DOSA
- 1 Cup rice / Normal rice
- 1 cup Spinach /palak leaves
- 2 tbsps coconut grated
- 1-2 nos Green Chillies Optional
- a small piece Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Coriander /Dhania seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- Salt to taste
- Oil (optional)
- Wash and soak rice for 3-4 hours.
- Clean , wash and roughly chop palak leaves .
- Grind Rice, Palak ,coconut ,coriander ,Cumin , chilli ,ginger and salt to a batter adding little water .
- Transfer the batter to a vessel.Add water generously such that the batter attains running consistency ( like milk ).
- Heat a non stick saucepan. You can use non stick tawa also, but with saucepan its more easier as you can easily do round shape.
- Once its very hot,hold the handle of the pan in left hand and pour dosa batter to the pan using right hand. Quickly rotate and tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter spreads thin covering the entire pan. If you want drizzle few drops of oil . I don't.
- Lid the pan and cook it on a medium flame. Once its cooked,the edges of the dosa will start leaving the pan.You need not flip this dosa and cook on other sides as they are thin .Using a spatula, slowly fold it to half and transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.Remember that while pouring the batter, pan should be very hot.
- Serve the Palak Instant dosa with coconut chutney / Chutney powder . Even the plain dosa tastes yum...
- This dosa can be made spicy or plain version. For the plain version just grind rice,palak ,coconut and salt.
- You can even keep the batter thick and spread the dosa with the back of the ladle, as how we do ordinary dosas. But I prefer making the batter watery... Dosas turn out thinner.
- If you want you can serve soft dosa by removing quickly or make it crisp by cooing it on sim for few more seconds. Either way they taste good.
- You can do it in iron tawa too. But its more time consuming and the kitchen becomes messy.
- The left over batter if any, you can keep in fridge and do dosa next day.