PALAK PARATHA RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | EASY PALAK PARATHA RECIPE | HOW TO DO PALAK CHAPATHI | PALAK ROTI RECIPE | SPINACH PARATHA | SPINACH ROTI | SPINACH CHAPATHI
Today I have for you all ” Palak Paratha / Spinach Paratha ” one healthy and colorful roti. Gorgeous to look, tasty to eat and one of the best travel-friendly recipes and ideal for lunch box !! One can enjoy with a choice of your side dish or even as such.
These Palak paratha are perfect to make if you are busy and have no time to make any side dish. A nice way to sneak in palak in your kiddos diet.. they not only make the roti very colourful and attractive but are healthy and tasty too.
Palak parathas are a nice variation to the regular ones. If you are bored of eating the same old roti..you must try this as they are not only easy to make but a tastes great. So easy to make by just adding some spinach puree along with some spices in wheat flour. I have earlier shared Palak poori but these are more healthy as they aren’t deep-fried. I love using palak roti for making healthy salad wrap too
Few simple points to note while making this Palak Paratha :
- Instead of pureeing palak, you can even add them as finely chopped and make a dough. But they won’t turn this green.
- If you want you can skip garlic while pureeing / or can add a piece of onion too for some more flavour / or add little kasoori methi / garam masala while making the dough. The choice is all yours, give it a try and see which flavour you like.
- You can make it a no onion no garlic version too.
- If you like stuffed paratha, to the same palak dough you can stuff some spiced crumbled paneer to make Palak Paneer Paratha.
So are you ready to have a look at the recipe .. here you go …
For Palak puree
- 2 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds /Ajwain / oma
- 2-3 tsp Oil to make dough
- Oil to make roti
- 2 cup Spinach /palak leaves
- 2-3 nos Green Chilli
- 4-5 flakes Garlic
- small piece Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash palak leaves. Roughly chop them.Boil water in a big vessel and add cleaned spinach to it. Allow it in hot water for 1 min. do not over boil as palak will loose its nutritious.Strain the spinach. Keep blanched water aside. You can use to make dough.Blanched spinach is ready. Cool it completely.
- In a blender, take cooled blanched palak leaves, green chilli, ginger, garlic and salt. Add little water and make a fine puree.
- To make the dough , take wheat flour in a big mixing bowl. Add ajwain and pureed palak. Combine everything well .
- Add water little by little and make a smooth dough . Use water that you had kept aside after blanching palak. Knead nicely .Apply around 2-3 tsp oil to the dough . Cover & let the dough rest for 15-20 mins.
- Make small orange sized balls .
- Dust little wheat floor and roll each ball uniformly to make neither thick nor thin roti / chapathi .
- Now on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook both sides applying little oil either sides. Let both sides cook properly .
- Enjoy healthy and tasty hot Palak Paratha with your choice of tasty curry.