Palak Pulao recipe | Spinach pulao | How to do Spinach Pulao | Easy spinach pulao recipe | Palak rice recipe
Today i have for you all Palak Pulao Recipe …which is very delicious and a perfect one pot dish for the busy lifestyle . It’s also called as palak rice and spinach pulao too . Made with fresh palak leaves / spinach leaves .. this dish is very healthy and easy to make . If you want to cook something delicious yet simple and quick this palak rice is perfect . Its apt for quick meal / partys / lunch box / any occasion . Pair it up with some raita .. a bowl of hot flavorful pulao is all gone …. Here goes the recipe of green, healthy simple palak pulao thats worth a try ..have added few notes to retain the color of spinach. Don’t miss it..
Check Out the Video recipe here :
PALAK PULAO RECIPE | PALAK RICE RECIPE | SPINACH PULAO RECIPE
- 1 cup Basmati Rice / Sona masoori rice
- 1 big onion Sliced
- 1/2 cup Mixed veggies beans , carrot , potato , peas, corn etc Optional
- few Cashew Optional
- 3-4 tbsp Oil / Oil + Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / jeera seeds
- 1 Bay leaf / tejpatta
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
To grind ( Masala )
- 1.5 cup Spinach /palak leaves
- 4-5 nos Cloves/ Lavang
- 3-4 nos 3-4 Cardamon Elaichi
- 1 small piece Cinnamon stick /dalchini
- 1/2 diced onion
- small peice Ginger
- 5-6 flakes Garlic
- 4-5 nos Green Chillies as required
- 1 tsp Coriander /Dhania seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / jeera seeds
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20-30 mins. Drain water completely.
- Meanwhile .. take all the ingredients mentioned under "Masala " to a mixer jar.Add very little water and grind to a smooth paste . Masala for palak rice is ready . While grinding add little lemon juice ,this will help in retaining the green color. Open the mixer jar and keep , else the color will change.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil + ghee together. Once its hot, add cumin seeds and bay leaf .
- Once its splutters , add sliced onion . Saute till they are golden brown . If you are adding cashews .. add now and saute .
- Add ground masala at this stage to the cooker and continue to saute till raw smell goes .
- After the masala is fried , add chopped mixed veggies like beans , carrot , potatoes , peas etc . Add salt to taste and Saute for 1-2 mins
- Add soaked drained rice and saute for 1-2 mins . This will help in bringing out nice aroma from the rice.
- Add 2 cups warm water , squeeze lime and mix well . Once the water starts boiling ,close the lid and keep the flame to medium . Cook for 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases,gently fluff it up using a fork.
- Serve the delicious Palak rice hot hot with any raita of you choice .
- Keep the puree open till you are ready to use . else it will change in color due to oxidisation .
- While pureeing spinach add lemon juice .
- Don't cover while cooking, else the green color will change.
- Basmati Rice to water ratio i follow is 1: 1.5 . If using normal rice you can maintain 1 : 2 1/2 ratio.
- If you are using basmati rice ,cook for 1 whistle , keep on sim for abt 5-8 mins. Switch off. For normal rice , cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.Basmati rice will cook quickly.
- Instead of peas you can also add corn /hyacinth beans etc.