Palak Puri Recipe with step by step photos | Palak poori recipe with step by step photos | How to do palak puri | Spinach poori recipe
Today i have for you all one healthy and colorful poori ” Palak Puri / Spinach Puri ” – gorgeous to look, tasty to eat and one of the best travel friendly recipes !! One can enjoy with choice of your side dish or even as such. These Palak poori are perfect to make if you are busy and have no time to make any side dish. A nice way to sneak in palak in your kiddos diet.. they not only make the poori very colorful and attractive but are healthy and tasty too .
Palak poori s are a nice variation to the regular ones. If you are bored of eating same old poori..you must try this as they are not only easy to make but a tastes great ..So easy to make by just adding some spinach puree along with some spices in wheat flour. One can add few tsp s of chiroti rava / fine rava while making the dough to make little crispy poori .
So are you ready to have a look at the recipe .. here you go …
PALAK PURI RECIPE / PALAK POORI RECIPE / SPINACH POORI
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 2-3 tsp Fine Rava / Chiroti Rava optional
- 1/2 cup Spinach /palak leaves
- 2-3 nos Green Chilli
- small piece Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Jeera Powder
- tsp Salt to taste
- oil to fry
- First, blanch the spinach. Boil water in a big vessel and add cleaned spinach and sugar to it. Allow it in hot water for 1 min. Strain the spinach, run under running water and immediately transfer it into ice-cold water. Note the green colour pop. Keep blanched water aside. You can use to make dough.
- Puree blanched spinach, green chilli and a piece of ginger.
- To wheat flour add 1-2 spoon chiroti rava ( fine Rava optional), pureed palak masala, jeera powder and little salt. Combine everything well .
- Add water little by little if required and make a tough dough. Use water that you had kept aside after blanching palak.Let the dough rest for 10-15 mins.
- Make small orange sized balls .
- Dust floor and roll each ball uniformly to make uniform thickness poori .
- Heat oil in a kadai / frying pan .
- Gently slide the poori in the hot oil. Reduce the flame to medium low. Splash the hot oil from the sides using the slotted spoon on top of the poori .This helps in puffing up poori nicely . Turn over when puffed up and fry the poori till golden brown . Drain on a kitchen towel .
- Enjoy healthy and tasty hot Palak Poori with your choice of tasty curry.
- You may added little crushed kasoori methi / ajwain / chat masala / garam masala to the dough .
- Similarly you can make palak poori , beetroot poori , methi puri etc .
- Don't make the dough gooey / loose . Else it will absorb oil .
- Don't roll poori too thin or thick .It should be uniform.Don't allow the dough to sit for a long time
- Similarly u can make palak chapathi too if you want to cut oil