Paneer Butter Masala Recipe with Step by step photos | How to do Paneer Butter Masala
Today I have for you all a classic dish from North India, one of the most loved curries “Paneer Butter Masala”. It’s creamy, slightly sweetish and tastes absolute finger licking when paired with Roti / Naan / jeera rice etc. Making this restaurant style Paneer butter masala at home is very easy.
Basically, Paneer Butter Masala will be not that spicy but slightly on the sweetish side thanks to onion tomato paste, cream and cashew. Soft paneer cubes dunked in onion tomato and simmered to get a tasty curry. Addition of cashews and cream makes it tastier.
Next time when you are hosting a party at home or just looking for some royal yet easy side dish for chapathi , Paneer Butter Masala would be one of the perfect choice. Do try friends and be prepared to get a pat on your back …Here you go..
You can also check few more paneer currys like
PANEER BUTTER MASALA RECIPE / RESTAURANT PANEER BUTTER MASALA / PANEER MAKHANI
- 200 gm paneer
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 no cardamom elaichi
- 1 no Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi /dried fenugreek leaves
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 3-4 tbsp Butter
- 2-3 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
To saute and grind:
- 1 big size onion
- 2-3 medium size Tomatoes
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 3-4 flakes Garlic
- 2 nos Green Chillies
- few Cashews
- Wash, dice and keep paneer cubes in warm water till ready to use. This will help in keeping it soft
- In a pan, melt a tablespoon of butter. Add onion, ginger garlic and green chilli. Saute.
- Once onions are translucent, add few cashews and saute 2-3 mins.
- In goes tomatoes and salt. Saute till tomatoes are mushy.
- Turn off the flame, let the fried ingredients cool down.
- Transfer to a mixer blender, add little water and blend it into a very smooth paste. Keep the ground masala aside.
Time to make base masala gravy
- Heat 2 tbsp butter. Add a piece of cinnamon, an elaichi and bay leaf. Lower the heat, add haldi, red chilli and dhania powder. Mix. This helps in giving nice and rich colour to the gravy.
- Add kasoori methi and saute
- Add the ground masala paste and fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till it leaves oil .
- After masala starts leaving oil .. add water as required depending on the consistency you prefer. Simmer and bring to boil.
- When the gravy is boiling .. add cream and sugar. Lastly, add paneer cubes and garam masala powder. Cook for 1-2 mins. Overcooking makes Paneer rubbery.
- Lastly, garnish the gravy with chopped coriander leaves, switch off .
- Tasty creamy Paneer butter masala is ready. Enjoy with Roti , naan , jeera rice etc.
- After adding cream don't boil much. It will curdle.
- Cashew paste is very important here as they give a nice texture . you can add few almonds too .
- If you want you can increase Fresh cream ( Malai ) quantity .