Paneer paratha recipe with step by setp photos | How to do easy paneer paratha
Paneer paratha is a popular Indian stuffed flatbread made with whole wheat flour and stuffed with spiced cottage cheese stuffing. They can be easily served for lunch and dinner
Paratha’s are anytime favorite for me .. i’m sure for most of us too . They are an excellent and quick option for breakfast, lunch and dinner .They are very filling and there are tons of options for filling and flavours. Every paratha has its own distinct taste .Another best thing abouth them is that they do not need any side dish, just some plain curd and pickle is enough.
It’s simple , easy , quick and healthy . If you are a paneer lover, you will surely love this paratha anytime of the day.It is a kid friendly dish too.I often make them for my kids lunch box or for evening snacks.N they just love it.
Few Points to note while making Paneer Paratha Recipe :
- Knead the dough nicely to make soft & pliable . Also rest the dough for at least 30 mins.
- Use fresh Paneer for best result.
- While rolling for the first time don’t give more pressure at the center as the filling is going to be placed in the center.Roll very gently and dust the flour as required. Centre be little thick and edges little thin.
- If you are a beginner, start preparing parathas with little quantity of filling and gradually increase the stuffing.
- if doing or kids, you can make it more simple by omitting few spices .
Do give a try.. here you go..
For The chapathi dough:
- 1 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- as required Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- little Wheat flour /maida, for dusting
- 1 ½ cups Paneer / Cottage Cheese, crumbled or grated
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder / Amchur
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi /dried fenugreek leaves, lightly crushed
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
To prepare Dough :
- In a wide mixing bowl take wheat flour, salt and ghee. Mix it with your fingers ,then add little by little water, gather to form a soft pliable dough.Knead it well.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest covered for at least 30mins.
To prepare stuffing :
- Grate / crumble paneer
- Add all the spices to the crumbled paneer ie salt , haldi , chilli powder, garam masala powder,aamchoor powder,chat masala, kasoori methi n coriander leaves .
- Mix well so that the spice powders are uniformly mixed with the grated paneer. Stuffing for the paneer paratha is ready .
To prepare Parathas:
- Make equal sized balls out of the dough.
- To dust use maida /wheat flour and roll them to thick small circles.Thick at center, thin at edges.Keep 1-2tbsp of stuffing in the center. ( quantity of stuffing depends on your choice , we like more stuing so i fill more )
- Seal it up nicely by pulling all the edges to the center as shown in the pic.Repeat the same with all the dough and stuffing.
- With the help of dry flour, roll the parathas into thick or thin discs as per your preference .
- Heat a griddle, transfer the paratha on to griddle carefully and cook them on both sides by drizzling oil/ghee/butter.cook till both the sides has golden spots
- Soft,delicious,hot Paneer parathas are ready to serve.
- Enjoy them hot with pickle and / plain curd / raita …